Based on real mythologies, Gods vs Humans takes the player through over 50 levels. Presenting as an unlikely but effective mix of Lemmings, Populous and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle: My Life as a Darklord, this game also has a multiplayer mode for Homeric confrontations.
Gods vs Humans benefits from a really rich universe as well as endearing characters. It allowed us to build a game as well as a comic book around this particular universe.
The game allows us to play as the Gods themselves whereas the comics will focus on the adventures surrounding the little characters we ace during the game.
The player will embody the greatest Gods from 4 different mythologies (Norse, Egyptian, Greco-Roman and Japanese) with a simple goal in mind: stop humans from reaching them. Indeed, humans decided to build a tower to challenge their Gods face to face. It’s up to the player to stop them by using his/her many powers. Beware however, it’s important not to hurt them, as Gods will always need humans to believe in them!
Being Zeus, Odin, Osiris and even Amaterasu the player will evolve and use various powers. Different depending on the Gods and on the mythologies, these powers will help the player to slowly destroy the tower’s floors. For the tower to finally collapse, it’s important to target strategic parts of the tower with lightning, fire and tornadoes for example. Other powers like the “pinup girl” will slow down the construction as all the humans will stop working to watch the beautiful girl passing by.
Each human has his own job (carrier, builder, supervisor, good priest, bad priest etc.) and the player has to use the powers strategically in order to be as effective as possible. The human’s mood gauge is also something to be careful about. If the player keeps targeting the same characters they’ll eventually get angry at their God and will work much faster!
- Over 60 levels for the solo campaign (that takes you through all of the game’s mythologies).
- 16 playable gods, each with specific powers (Jupiter, Amaterasu, Odin, Osiris, Thor, Susanoo, Neptune, Râ…they’re all here!)
- 4 different mythologies to discover.
- 4 hysterical Bosses to defeat during the campaign mode where it’s not about attacking the tower anymore but aiming directly at the Humans’ King!
- 16 additional challenges for the experienced players (which are additional levels with specific instructions: destroy 9 stories in less than 5 minutes, destroy the foundations of the tower without using defensive powers etc...)
- 2-player special mode in split screen.
Created by two professional comic book artists (Pierre Chatillon and Piccolo from Studio 109) this whole new adventure will be available through digital distribution when the game is released. God, they are cheeky !
More articles about Gods vs. Humans