TERA raises the bar, setting new standards in the gaming industry. It is a visually stunning world with graphic quality above all other games in the industry. You will experience a new ground-breaking gameplay system where stereotypes of traditional MMORPGs will be broken. You will have full control over the attacks and the fate of your enemy. No more "pointing and clicking" and playing combat relay with the enemies. Furthermore, not only do you control the action, TERA is also set in a world where the players will dictate the flow of the economy and individually impact the community environment.
In TERA, players master their destiny in a richly detailed game world with a pioneering dynamic combat system. Individual player actions can transform the balance of power in a world where old rivalries are erased, and disparate races must form a common federation to stave off destruction by marauding monsters and warring gods.
You become part of the realm of Arborea, created by the Ancient Gods. You defend your race in a fantasy world where your creators, descendents of the Ancient Gods, have warred upon each other centuries ago. Join forces and become part of a vast world in constant conflict, where new battles and weaponry skills will leave you grasping for more as you become immersed in the realm of Arborea. Take charge and become the hero the world seeks!
Unlike traditional MMOs, there is no "point and click" system, giving you more control of the character and providing more riveting action play. No longer do you click your mouse and doze off into the sunset waiting for your opponent to die. You will have full control over the attacks and the fate of your enemy. TERA is set in a world where you, the players, will impact the community. The players will dictate the flow of the economy. You will trade, buy/sell more frequently with fellow players and create a community unique to your world.
Arcane magic meets accuracy – the archer and the sorcerer are two opponents in the TERA class duel who couldn’t be more different from each other. The gauntlet has been thrown down, satisfaction has been demanded – the duel between two of the online role-playing game TERA’s eight playable classes begins.
One of the few commonly shared passions of the archer and sorcerer is long-range combat fighting: keeping your distance makes victory a breeze. However, if you should find yourself within reaching distance of your opponent, or even find yourself cornered, your survival will be decided on a second to second basis amid the flying blades. In the long run, light armour provides very little protection so sorcerers teleport themselves outside of the danger zone at lightning speed to take another stab at it with a little more breathing space. This is when they employ their icy lance which holds their rival at bay and freezes them to the spot. Now is when you make full use of the sorcerer’s magical potential. Using their primary weapon, the mystical disk, sorcerers channel rapid fireballs or explosion balls which release their full might at a more leisurely pace. Whether in a group or as a powerful solo fighter, opponents have little chance of survival if they don’t keep their backs covered against the sorcerer’s fiery might.
On the battlefields of TERA streaming arcane magic is channeled with meticulous precision. Whereas sorcerers rely on their mastery of the elements, archers depend solely on their training with the bow and arrow. In battle they skillfully outmanoeuvre their opponents to reach the ideal vantage point from where they can get their adversary squarely in their sights. The longer they concentrate on their target, the more accurate and devastating their strike will be. When an archer is involved, there is no such thing as safety in numbers since their volleys of arrows can strike down even large groups of foes. In addition, their talent for setting traps is their own personal life insurance policy since the incapacitating poisons they use can keep enemies from even approaching. They are truly an excellent addition to any group of adventurers needing some powerful support.
But the choice is up to the player – both classes require high levels of concentration and engagement with the action-laden gameplay. So, whichever class wins the TERA duel you can be sure that the skills of the player were the decisive factor.
- Explore and Engage: Experience an Action MMO beyond "point and click," where position, timing, and aim determine success in combat, and player characters climb, jump, and swim over and through obstacles.
- All Action, No Faction: Go beyond canned stories and existing factions to write the history of TERA in real time as six races join to change their world together.
- Discover a Rich Fantasy World: Play six character races (Human, High Elf, Castanic, Aman, Popori, and Baraka) and eight classes (Warrior, Lancer, Slayer, Berserker, Archer, Sorcerer, Priest, and Mystic); battle hundreds of monsters over thousands of quests in a game world filled with a huge array of weapons and items, and rich in history and lore.
- Enjoy Lush Graphics: Explore a stunning world filled with breathtaking vistas and dark, terrifying dungeons with TERA's next-gen graphics and animation.
- Experience a Vibrant Community: Enjoy player-centric community options with unparalleled security and service.
- Choice of Control: Play with mouse/keyboard or your favorite PC-compatible console controllers.
- Play with Confidence: Keep your focus where it should be—in the game. TERA is fully localized, tested, serviced, and supported for North America and Europe.
More articles about TERA: The Exiled Realm of Arborea