Forza Motorsport 3 unites the racing game genre, making it possible for everyone to experience the thrill of the world’s most exotic and exquisite cars. Live the most realistic racing experience ever as you take the wheel of more than 400 of the most-beloved cars on over 100 renowned real-world tracks and exotic road courses from around the globe. With breathtaking high-definition graphics and the most advanced vehicle performance modeling in a video game, "Forza Motorsport 3" includes a host of driving assists and adjustable skill levels to make the game a gripping pick-up-and-play experience for audiences of all ages and skill levels.
Your escape into the world of car culture in "Forza Motorsport 3" doesn’t stop at the track. Turn 10 is a proven leader in user-generated content creation in games. "Forza Motorsport 3" further fuels the imaginations of its already thriving community of painters, tuners and photographers with improved customization tools and brand-new ways to share creations with the world via Xbox Live. Xbox Live makes your journey into the "Forza Motorsport" community and the world of user-generated content easy and fun.
The “Forza Motorsport” franchise is collaborating with BBC’s Top Gear team to integrate the Top Gear brand in future versions of “Forza Motorsport” products. The relationship will also deliver a number of co-promotions that aim to give fans of both “Forza Motorsport” and Top Gear a unique opportunity to engage in both brands. With “Forza Motorsport” expertise in digital automotive experiences and Top Gear’s irreverent approach to car reviews and entertainment, the collaboration promises to deliver an unrivalled experience for all keen gamers and car enthusiasts.
“Bringing together Top Gear and Forza Motorsport is a natural fit,” said Dan Greenawalt, franchise director at Turn 10, the studio within Microsoft Game Studios that created and nurtures the Forza Motorsport franchise and community. “Top Gear is all about automotive passion and playing around with cars which is exactly what we deliver with Forza Motorsport games. We are looking forward to collaborating with their team to bring some of what they do so well on television to our game design process.”
Fans will get their first taste of the results of this collaboration with 90 minutes of specially edited Top Gear TV content plus access to the ‘Stig’s Garage Car Pack’, all downloadable exclusively through Xbox LIVE, as part of the new “Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection” available from this October.
"It's incredibly exciting to be teaming up with such a big name game,” said Andy Wilman, creative director at Top Gear. “I fear we'll have to be a bit more ambitious and a bit less rubbish when dealing with these chaps."
Robert Nashak, Executive Vice President, Digital Entertainment, BBC Worldwide commented, “We’re thrilled to be teaming up with such innovators in motorsport gaming as Microsoft, who share our enthusiasm and vision for the Top Gear brand on this platform. Forza Motorsport is already a great game and we’re sure the features we’ve created together, using the Top Gear brand, will really excite both fans of the show and the game everywhere.”
“Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection” is the complete award-winning racing title, including all previously released Game add-ons, bringing the total car count to 500 and offering more than 100 track configurations. It includes an Xbox LIVE downloadable content card giving players access to three of the hottest new cars on the market today as part of “Stig’s Garage Car Pack.” These include The Koenigsegg CCX, LEXUS LFA, and Mercedes Benz SLS-AMG. In addition to the car pack, the Top Geardownloadable content will also feature an exclusive 90-minute Top Gear video from lads on Top Gear including Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May and an Xbox LIVE Theme featuring Top Gear.
“Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection” is available in the United States and Canada starting October 26, 2010; United Kingdom and Germany starting October 29, 2010; Japan starting November 11, 2010 and other countries and regions in early 2011.
- Featuring the latest and greatest production offerings as well as the world’s fastest and most exotic street cars, "Forza Motorsport 3" offers more than 400 fully customizable and tunable cars from over 50 of the world’s leading manufacturers. Whether your passion is classic American muscle cars, European roadsters, purpose-built race cars or high-tech Asian imports, "Forza Motorsport 3" puts you in the cockpit of the cars you love.
In addition to the return of world-famous tracks from previous "Forza Motorsport" games, including Suzuka, Nürburgring Nordschleife and the Sebring International Raceway, "Forza Motorsport 3" invites you to conquer the corners on more than 100 tracks, including some of the most beautiful road courses in the world. New environments like the gorgeous mountainous Montserrat region in Spain, the rugged Amalfi Coast in Italy and the American Southwest are presented in such majestic detail that you might find yourself pulling over just to take it all in.
- The appreciation of the automobile in "Forza Motorsport 3" is due in large part to the team’s attention to detail. This is why automotive engineers from manufacturers like Audi and champion race teams like Peugeot as well as experienced computer graphics specialists from across Microsoft Corp. have all teamed up with Turn 10 to make "Forza Motorsport 3" the most beautiful and realistic racing game ever made. All 400-plus cars in the game have been built with more than 10 times the amount of polygons as "Forza Motorsport 2." This includes painstakingly researched cockpits and interiors for every vehicle. But realism isn’t just about pretty graphics. Turn 10 takes realism to new heights, leading the industry with the most advanced physics model, artificial intelligence and damage calculations. Whether it’s the differences in how each car handles through the corners, how the engines sound at top speed or how different tires and upgrades impact your car’s performance, you’ll find yourself leaning into your turns as if you were really behind the wheel of your favorite ride.
- Forza Motorsport 3 redefines the racing genre. Simulation games can be too hard for some players. "Forza Motorsport 3" rises above the distinction between simulation and arcade games. Using a myriad of cutting-edge driving and gameplay assists such as auto-braking, gameplay rewind and auto-tuning, "Forza Motorsport 3" delivers an experience where everyone can have fun behind the wheel, regardless of your skill and dexterity. Whether you’re a newcomer or a seasoned racing game pro, "Forza Motorsport 3" caters to how you drive and evolves with you over time as your skills increase.
- Painters and tuners will once again be able to showcase creativity through the celebrated Livery Editor, Auction House and deep tuning garage in "Forza Motorsport 3." The car is literally the artistic canvas as some of the world’s most creative car painters and designers find new layers of depth and freedom to create shocking visual masterpieces before sharing them with others over Xbox Live. Each car in "Forza Motorsport 3" is fully upgradable, allowing gear heads to take on the challenge of turning a Honda Civic into a supercar killer. New Xbox Live Leaderboards celebrate not only the greatest racers but also the most prolific car tuners and painters in the community.
- Forza Motorsport 3 is an epic racing game featuring more content and more ways to play than any racing title today. An innovative single-player season mode puts you through a completely personalized racing calendar that includes more than 200 different events, including Circuit, Oval, Drag, Drift and Timed Events. No two calendars are the same; they react to the cars you love and the races you enjoy most. In addition, the online multiplayer mode* gains an all-new game rules editor. This gives players a never-ending variety of ways to play with friends. Whether you’re a speedster, dragster, drifter, painter, tuner or just a lover of cars, "Forza Motorsport 3" is the definitive racing game for you.
More articles about Forza Motorsport 3