In “Halo: Reach,” players experience the fateful moments that forged the “Halo” legend. It’s the story of Noble Team, a squad of heroic Spartan soldiers, and their final stand on planet Reach, humanity’s last line of defense between the terrifying Covenant and Earth. This darker story is echoed by grittier visuals amid a backdrop of massive, awe-inspiring environments. Characters, enemies and environments are rendered in amazing detail by an all-new engine designed to deliver epic-scale encounters against the cunning and ruthless Covenant.
Once the campaign is over, the battle continues online with an unparalleled multiplayer experience that expands on the award-winning suite of features that helped define the Xbox LIVE experience.
If you're a Gold Member (if you're not a Member, upgrade now!) join in Tuesday, September 21, starting at 7:00 P.M. ET and meet the band. If you get a chance to play with Linkin Park, we want to hear all about it! We'll be posting recaps from gamers all across the country. Send us an email to email@example.com with the subject "GWF -- Linkin Park," and be sure to include your gamertag and home town!
Send a friend request to the following gamertag and be online half an hour before (6:30 P.M. ET) the Game with Fame session starts:
All of Linkin Park's previous studio albums (Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Minutes to Midnight) have gone at least double Platinum in the States with their debut album being certified as Diamond with more than ten million copies sold. It should be no surprise that their latest, A Thousand Suns, coincidentally to be released on the same date as Halo: Reach, is almost guaranteed to be another mega-hit. The band says about their new album, "We asked ourselves: were we all earnestly willing, more than ever before, to abandon the precepts of commercial ambition in pursuit of what we believe to be honest art? ... The two years of making A Thousand Suns marked our exhilarating, surrealistic, and often challenging journey into the creative unknown."
Linkin Park consists of Chester Bennington (vocals), Brad Delson (guitar), David "Phoenix" Farrell (bass), Rob Bourdon (drums), Joseph "Mr." Hahn (turntables, samples), and Mike Shinoda (keyboards).
If you want to hear the sound of Linkin Park, check out their music videos now available on Zune Marketplace on Xbox LIVE.
Xbox Live Game With Fame with Linkin Park
- Date: Tuesday, September 21, 2010
- Time: 4pm - 6pm PT
- Game: Halo: Reach
- Gamertag: LnknPrk1000Suns
- Meet Noble Team. For the first time, players will fight alongside a squad of iconic Spartan soldiers, each with deadly talents as unique as their individual personalities and customized gear.
- An intense campaign. Live the events that set the stage for the “Halo” trilogy as the UNSC and Covenant clash at the height of their military power. New weapons and abilities complement the familiar “Halo” arsenal for the largest-scale battles ever witnessed in the “Halo” universe. Fiercely cunning artificial intelligence (AI) adds depth and complexity to each encounter, helping make every play-through a unique and epic experience.
- Stunning technical advancements. “Halo: Reach” takes a massive leap forward through all-new engine technology designed to take full advantage of next-generation graphics, audio, special effects, AI and animation while continuing to expand on the campaign, cooperative and multiplayer sandbox in a way that only “Halo” can.
- The definitive multiplayer experience. “Halo: Reach” builds on the success of its predecessors, setting a new standard for competitive gameplay, customization, variety and community integration.
- Unparalleled feature suite. “Halo: Reach” expands on the industry-leading suite of features found in “Halo 3,” including four-player cooperative campaign play, split-screen support, saved films, screenshots and exciting new surprises that have yet to be revealed.
More articles about Halo: Reach