Hack, slash, and smash your way to victory in this red-hot arcade adventure from The Behemoth! Featuring hand-drawn characters, Castle Crashers delivers unique hi-res illustrated visuals like nothing you've ever seen before.
Play with up to three friends locally or over the Playstation Network and discover the mind-boggling magic and mystery in the amazing world we have created just for you. Save your princess, defend your kingdom, and crash some castles! Play with more than 20 unlockable characters, 40 weapons to customize your hero, and an arsenal of combos and magical attacks to choose from.
Player Arena matches will now allow you to choose teams! You can play 2-on-2 or take on the world with 1-v-3. Of course, you can still do free-for-all as well. Sharing a sweet, sweet victory with your friend is like eating a delicious cake in front of your other friends while they cry. It’s like their pride is inside the cake that you are devouring, and your teammate is your stomach helping to digest that pride. And there can only be one mouth and one stomach to eat it with, so the other mouths and stomachs have to watch even though mouths and stomachs don’t have eyes. Take that, eyeless teeth and stomachs.
To celebrate Castle Crashers reaching over 2 million players on XBLA The Behemoth are going to have a little (BIG!) tournament for all you millions of XBLA Castle players.
Who is the best Castle Crashers Arena Fighter in all the world?
The first prize of the Tournament of Champions is a Gold Xbox. Yes, a functional Xbox plated in 24k GOLD. Imagine playing on a golden Xbox. Envision the look on your friend’s faces. Kings and Queens would come over to your house to play BattleBlock Theater.
2nd prize will also win an Xbox, though not of silver- an Castle Crashers themed Elite. 3rd place will drown their nearness to victory in 250 squishy chickens. Everyone in the top 100 will win a prize, and the top 24 will get a special bonus as well. Here’s how its going to go down:
To be eligible for the tournament you have to be in the top 100 Weekly Ranked Arena players on the Castle Crashers leaderboards at noon (PST) on January 28th. You will have all that week to battle amongst yourselves to claim those spots. The top 100 will compete in 1 on 1 Arena matches, in a single elimination tournament format on Saturday February 5th, until we have a victor! You have 2 weeks to hone your skills before the tournament begins!
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock new combos and magical attacks as your character progresses through the game. You have an almost limitless amount of combos to perform alone, or with a group of friends.
- Arena mode: This mode allows players to battle each other head-on with four unique modes to choose from!
- Experience system: As you fight your way through the various levels of Castle Crashers, your character gains more experience points that will in return give you the option to adjust your four main stats -- Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Weapons weapons weapons! Each player has the ability to unlock more than 40 weapons.
- Animal orbs: These little companions add enhancements to your attributes. Each pet has different abilities to benefit you, with various ways of unlocking each one. Defeat a boss and steal his companion, dig them up, or buy them at a store.
- Treasure hunt: Unlockable items, weapons, pet companions, and characters are buried throughout the various levels of Castle Crashers.
- Stores: Spread across the various worlds of Castle Crashers, every store has specific items to sell. Collect gold from killing enemies, finding treasures, or opening chests, then take your collected gold to these stores for some weapons, items, character unlocks, and more!
The Behemoth's Castle Crashers is currently available worldwide on XBLA for 1200 Microsoft Points, and on PSN for $15.
More articles about Castle Crashers