Arx Fatalis v1.21
- Improved overall game stability under Microsoft Windows Vista & Windows 7.
- Fixed blinking effect that may happen when starting a new game.
- Fixed HUD scaling when display resolution is higher than 1024x960.
- Fixed EAX option: value is now saved when leaving the option menu.
- Fixed an issue with the game locking-up when opening player inventory.
- Fixed length of cinemascope bars displayed during cinematics.
- Fixed some performance issues with a few Nvidia GPU (see Notes).
- If you experience in game framerate drops or stuttering, please give a try to the "Enable Rendering Fix" option in the Video settings.
- This patch will remain the very last Arx Fatalis update released by Arkane Studios. However, the whole source code of the game is now available for download, which means that numerous fan made updates/mods may be found around the Internet. Arkane Studios won't provide any kind of answer or support regarding community developed content.
v1.18 Fix list:
- Fixed D3D texture creation that triggered white textured objects / Characters on recent hardware configurations.
- Fixed a crash on TNL Bump Mapping management.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Fixed the text font not being displayed on recent hardware configurations.
- Fixed a specific crash on spells use.
- Tweaked the Fireball spell damage rule, to make it less powerful & more balanced.
- Fixed a bug where the game would quit if the ESC key was pressed during the New Game fade to black.
The mysterious world of Arx has been shrouded in darkness ever since the sun disappeared in the year 226 and the son of King Poxsellis moved the whole city underground into the dwarf mines. There are over 40 different races that co-habit the mines including goblins, dwarves, ratmen and giant spiders and tension between them all is building. Now the evil cult of Akbaa seeks to raise a terrifying god to rule the land. Travelling from another dimension and suffering from total amnesia, the player is confronted by a world on the brink of disaster and must save both himself and Arx before the force of evil is summoned to impose his reign of terror.
On the journey of survival and discovery the player must investigate the strange happenings in Arx and slowly unravel the complex story of who he really is. The player will fight inside a deadly underground fortress against numerous foes including goblins, trolls, ratmen and other vicious opponents using a variety of weapons from wooden clubs to powerful swords. But brute physical force is not always enough and the player must master the magical spells contained within the intuitive and powerful rune magic system in order to defeat the cult.
Exquisite attention is paid to the smallest detail in order to provide an intriguing game play experience where fighting and spell casting are implemented in a unique way. Explore underground cities, secret temples, lost civilisations, dwarf mines and discover the magic of Arx Fatalis.
Arx Fatalis features:
- High level of interactivity and a user friendly interface make it easy to immerse yourself in the world of Arx
- Innovative spell system with 50 different spells based on 20 different runes means players can create a plethora of magical wizardry to conquer evil
- A vast range of opponents and monsters for the player to defeat
- Huge story with more than 60 hours of gameplay to keep the player engrossed in the world of Arx
More articles about Arx Fatalis