Orion: Prelude pays homage to other classics that we grew up on that entertained us as gamers and inspired us as developers. You will see insipiration from classics such as Unreal Tournament ('99), Quake 2 CTF, Starsiege: Tribes, Counter-Strike.
Spiral Game Studios has taken those elements and put them into a blender and mixed in our own unique takes and twists in the design and mechanics department. With only a first glance at ORION: Prelude, you will know that this is a game being made by gamers.
Kickstarter is a new way to fund creative ideas and ambitious endeavors.
We believe that:
- A good idea, communicated well, can spread fast and wide.
- A large group of people can be a tremendous source of money and encouragement.
Kickstarter is powered by a unique all-or-nothing funding method where projects must be fully-funded or no money changes hands. This means that we need to at least hit our pledged amount ($10,000) in order to receive any funds. We are of course looking (and crossing our fingers) to blow past that amount, as it is an absolute minimum.
How will it help Spiral Game Studios?
Spiral Game Studios is currently non-compensated. There is no money coming in and no money coming out. We house some extremely talented developers, many are industry talent, including former developers from Sega and Electronic Arts. The funds from KickStarter will cover: SECURE KEY DEVELOPERS
Right now all of us are working for free and pouring as much time as we possibly can into the game. The funds received from this event will attribute in a variety of ways. Most importantly, it will lock and secure key developers to continue developing at the momentum we are. This will allow for more content, more polished builds, and a quicker release.
The funds will also secure and lock the Multiplayer Beta. We’ve opened registration and are currently cranking away on the game build to have it ready.
Game Developer Conference 2011
The funds will allow us to bring a polished build to this years Game Developer Conference, where all developers, publishers and investors come to talk, mingle and release new announcements.
Who are we looking for?
We’ve had quite a few people ask how they can donate or support us, and this is the best possible way. If you can be categorized in any of the following 3 groups:
If you fit into any of the categories below, this is definitely for you:
- Group 01 - You believe in us... or Indie games in general!
- Group 02 - You love jetpacks, dinosaurs and / or mechs.
- Group 03 - You have tons of money and a BIG HEART
Why should the gamers care?
There are many reasons to get excited over this. The next 30 days will be filled with media releases, new screen shots, new trailers (every Monday!) and new information. Need a few more reasons?
- Get Rewarded: We have different donation packages, ranging from $1 to $1,000. Each package has different rewards. Want to get your hands one exclusive weapons, armors? Want to have an achievement named after you? Want to be a character in ORION 1? This is your chance to make it happen!
- Instant Access to Multiplayer Beta: Many of the packages allow for instant access into the Multiplayer Beta upon launch
More articles about Orion: Prelude