Set in the massively multiplayer fantasy world of Mythador which supports its own living economic, trading, development and diplomacy systems, players will be given the opportunity to leave their mark on the land’s already war torn history when Dawn of Fantasy is launched.
Offering a fresh perspective on the fantasy RTS genre, Dawn of Fantasy will deliver a persistent world war experience like none before.Thousands of Players living, building, exploring and fighting together to crush with AI controlled strongholds and empires, in a rich tapestry of story-driven encounters that help to build upon the already weighty single player campaign experience. In a world that continues to trade and evolve even after logging off, Players will also be able to test their armies’ constitution in matched head-to-head, multiplayerencounters on their road to becoming the biggest city-state in Mythador.
Each of the three different races available to players – elves, men and orcs – offer a radically different playing style based on a carefully balanced system of strengths and weaknesses. With an in-game narrative driven by a dramatic historical background, Dawn of Fantasy will combine rich storytelling with compelling gameplay to provide a strategy experience to appeal to MMO and RTS fans alike.
“Dawn of Fantasy is nothing short of the next step in the genre, highlighting the best elements that MMORTS games have to offer with just the right level of considered innovation,” commented Ralph Pitt-Stanley, 505 Games. “In what we feel is an underrepresented genre, we’re confident that Dawn of Fantasy will have what it takes to stay in the hearts of MMO, RTS and fantasy fans for a long time to come.”
"As we catch a glimpse of the finish line after many years of development, we are thrilled to announce our partnership with 505 Games,” said Konstantin Fomenko, Reverie World CEO.“Their dedication, ambition, and extensive history in the strategy genre will prove indispensable as we work toward completing our upcoming MMORTS, Dawn of Fantasy."
Designed with low system requirements in mind, the Dawn of Fantasy engine will nonetheless render armies of thousands of units and hundreds of terrain objects on screen for epic battle encounters. Once the dust settles on the in game campaigns, players can try exploring their creative side by using the powerful map editor to design the fantasy encounters of their dreams.
Key Features :
- Vivid 3D World - Enhanced by the latest visual technology; yet boasting surprisingly low system requirements, Dawn of Fantasy immerses players in a realistic and vivid 3D world with hundreds of different terrain objects designed to add to the realism and heighten the game experience.
- Epic Fantasy Battles - Lead an army of a thousand in a skirmish with up to seven other players or micromanage your units to sneak into an enemy stronghold in the dead of night. Play with up to seven others in three distinct skirmish modes: Lay Siege, Stronghold Defense, and Build & Defend.
- Innovative MMORTS Approach - Wage war with neighboring regions or complete countless hours of quests as you unveil the dark secrets of Mythador while managing a persistent kingdom and economy with thousands of other players.
- Three Distinct Races - Elves, Men, and Orcs - each with a unique playstyle and background.
- Fully 3D Dynamic World Map - Travel the MMORTS world using a beautifully-designed 3D World Map featuring scale replicas of all the NPC strongholds, quest areas, and the player's homeland.
- Mighty Magic - Earn mana through quest completion and character development to learn new spells and counter-spells, enabling you to wield the power of the elements.
- Advanced Character Development & Abilities - Level up your units through battle, learn new spells, and micromanage individual units for mounting, running, corpse looting, and battle with dozens of unique formations.
- Siege Innovations - User-friendly Siege-oriented gameplay adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield as you ram the enemy gate, scale the walls, and place automated defensive systems, such as: spike traps, stone tippers, boiling oil, and wall-mounted trebuchets.
- Complex Economic Model - Combines the complexity of nearly a dozen gathering and trade possibilities, different for each race, with automated simplicity, allowing players the options to micromanage their economy, or leave it to run itself in times of war.
More articles about Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars