Set against the backdrop of the New World of the 18th century, Pirates of the Burning Sea is an MMORPG featuring high-seas action and adventure in a bold world of pirates and plunder, where players can choose one of three nations — England, France or Spain — or choose the role of a Pirate and battle it out for glory and power. Power & Prestige expands upon the game’s already robust real-time Conquest system, allowing players to not only capture ports on behalf of their parent nations, but also to become a Port Governor with great economic and strategic influence. Player Governors can set tax rates and increase defensive capabilities in their towns, making those ports more valuable as traffic hubs or easier to defend against attack. Players will need to use all of the intrigue and cunning at their disposal to seize or keep hold of power.
Three years is a long time in the life of a MMO, and Pirates of the Burning Sea is not slowing down. In fact, the team has just added myriad more features that players can look forward to on the eve of game’s anniversary.
- A special Anniversary mission – This mission involves a barrel race and a fancy soiree, complete with party games. Complete this mission and you’ll get a very handsome commemorative coat.
- Anniversary Pets – To celebrate this black tie occasion, Monkeys wearing top hats can be found in the Treasure Aisle, and a rare black cockatoo will complete your anniversary ensemble. Get ‘em while you can, because they’re available only for a limited time.
- A complete graphic overhaul of San Juan – Flying Lab Software’s artists have been busy giving the Spanish capital a brand new look!
- New characters - Community members Ubert le Danois, Jon Smith-Tank, Bennet, and Paul Kingtiger have been added to the game as NPCs in various locations so keep an eye out!
- New feathered friends – New pets are available in the Treasure Aisle: a Seagull, cranky and vaguely menacing, as seagulls always are, a Cockatiel, and a Raven!
- Captain’s Club members will notice a nice new perk - double Conquest rewards after map wins. See the Captain’s Club benefits or sign up today!
“Making Pirates of the Burning Sea free-to-play has made the Burning Seas awash with ship-to-ship combat and swashbuckling action. We are looking forward to celebrating many more anniversaries with our loyal and fast-growing community,” said Russell Williams, CEO of Flying Lab Software.
You can now play Pirates of the Burning Sea for free! A subscription is no longer required to access and play much of the game. Premium content will be available for purchase through the in-game store, Treasure Aisle, or through a Captain’s Club membership, available for US$14.99 per month (plus applicable taxes).
More articles about Pirates of the Burning Sea