Brief summary of the latest DW7 details:
- The storyline now covers Jin's unification of China and end of the ROTK period.
- Jin Kingdom has been added as a new faction.
- Cinematic cutscenes will be incorporated into gameplay.
- A new individual story mode called “Chronicle Mode” will allow players to free roam China and create their own destiny with their character.
- In-between battles, you can visit cities to buy and upgrade weapons
- You can also interact with other unique characters, and depending on how you interact, you can unlock more playable characters from this mode
- When you join a faction you will be able to play in their specific stages
- There are also stages that are based on ROTK
- Sima Shi, Bao Sanniang, and Sima Zhao are the three new characters so far.
- Xing Cai will be returning after she was cut in the previous installment.
- The game supports stereoscopic 3D mode, though this is optional and can be turned off.
- The moveset system is back to the Charge-based system. Many if not all returning characters are retaining their old weapons from DW5 back due to the gameplay system reversal (eg. Zhen Ji's flute, Lu Xun's twin blades).
- A secondary weapon system similar to the Strikeforce series will allow players to equip two weapons. The weapons can be switched in real time during combo chains (known as a "Variable Attack"). There are about 360 different varieties of weapons.
- Musou bar has been increased to two gauges and will allow players to use the Musou attack twice. There will also be different kinds of Musou attacks, one based on the weapon and the other based on the character.
More articles about Dynasty Warriors 7