At the end of the 21st century, the continuing exhaustion of Earth's resources sparked a furious struggle for dominance, ultimately leading to all-out conflict. Billions perished as the Final Wars raged across the globe.
As nations crumbled and civil society was in its death throes, one of the super-nations that actually started the conflict devised a plan to win the war by simply outliving its rivals. This resulted in the creation of The Continoma Project – a massive, self-sufficient mind database capable of storing the memories and thoughts of humans. The leaders of the super-nation that created Continoma ensured their entry within the database and brought with them the seeds of what they believed was a thriving community of docile and loyal citizens.
Humanity outside Continoma Project all but destroyed itself – the great societies that once warred amongst themselves were reduced to nomadic tribes and eventually regressed to primal existence or simply died out, long before the irradiated and polluted world became habitable again. While life on Earth was going through its most dramatic extinction and adaptation, the Librarium – a nearly-indestructible fortress tended by artificial intelligence and robots – kept the dormant sentience of humanity’s chosen safe for the future.
Players find themselves immersed is a continuing power struggle between the leaders behind the Continoma Project, called the Continoma, and the Noir, an armed resistance group formed by a former Continoma leader. Their continuous struggle has weakened them considerably and even as they remain the two most powerful forces on Enterra, they depend much on the other smaller organizations for their survival and victory on the island.
Top Earthrise features included at launch:
- A unique post-apocalyptic setting where the cloned remnants of mankind battle to survive and rebuild.
- Highly customizable characters with over 100 different skills, abilities and tactics.
- No artificial imposed "class" restrictions.
- Fast-paced, action-packed combat featuring dynamic targeting, adaptive power armor and hundreds of high-tech weapons.
- Sophisticated player-versus-player (PvP) mechanics that let players fight for the established order, join the revolutionary underground, or carve their own bloody path as an independent criminal.
- Character progression that keeps players advancing in their development with no limits.
- An advanced market-based economy with in-game supply and demand based on player activities and interactions.
- Deep crafting mechanics that enable players to design and manufacture unique items from blueprints and raw resources.
Features to be released after launch:
Along with enhanced main game features, the Earthrise team will provide constant updates after release including new quests, new overall game content, bug fixing and server balance several times each month.
- Exploration rewards – Players will be able to salvage materials and use them for crafting or personal advantage, adding increased benefits from exploration and practical knowledge of the world. Currently, crafting materials drop from loot.
- Siege territories will open for conquest – The development team would like to allow players to grow their characters and get a foothold in the hostile world of Enterra before the territory conquest opens. This will give guilds more of an opportunity to organize their members in preparation for the day when everyone will rush to fight for control of the conquest territories that cover more than half of the Earthrise map.
- Additional combat skills and tactics – Although there are currently more than 250 combat abilities in Earthrise, the development team plans tocontinue to add new possibilities for character development.
- Added crafting blueprints – While the current crafting system of Earthrise features many options, the development team plans to add new opportunities and additional blueprints for the customization of craftable items.
- Vehicles – Personalized player-crafted vehicles will be added.
Later in 2011
- Monster mines – Resource mines that are patrolled by monsters will be scattered around the world. When players free those mines, their resources will be available on the market.
Known issues in the current build which will be fixed following launch:
- Graphics engine update – Rendering improvements of the Earthrise engine will be made, including higher FPS, better client performance and improved shadow effects.
Featuring a unique skill-based advancement system and player-driven economy, as well as extensive, meaningful player-vs.-player combat, Earthrise gives you innumerable choices to forge your destiny. Whether you're a noble soldier in the raging conflict between the Utopia and the rebellion, a criminal hiding from the law or a world-renowned engineer whose power extends into intricate trade and politics, your actions will echo throughout the game world.
Masthead has employed its own engine to craft the stunning graphics and atmosphere in the game, as well as to handle its dynamic combat mechanics. Explore the diverse and sprawling capital city of Sal Vitas and surrounding unclaimed territories. Fight with advanced PvP mechanics featuring customizable power armor, huge mechanized exoskeletons, and an arsenal of weapons to control contested lands and their resources. Influence the market-based economy by working for the corporate world or trading on the black market, all based in immense and highly customized crafting and offline play systems. Players will shape the society in the beginning of a new mankind; or they will create their own dystopia.
- A unique post-apocalyptic setting where the cloned remnants of mankind battle to survive and rebuild. Yet while humanity may have evolved, human nature remains as treacherous as ever…
- Highly customizable characters with over 100 different skills, abilities, and tactics. No artificial "class" restrictions get in the way of making the character you want.
- Fast-paced action combat featuring dynamic targeting, customizable power armor, huge mechanized exoskeletons, and hundreds of high-tech weapons.
- Sophisticated Player versus Player (PvP) mechanics that let you fight for the established order, join the revolutionary underground, or carve your own bloody path as an independent criminal.
- Territorial conquest and defense that matters. In your domain, you create your own rules – or let anarchy reign.
- Character progression that keeps you advancing in your career even when you’re not logged in.
- An advanced market-based economy with in-game supply and demand based on player activities.
- Deep crafting mechanics that let you design and manufacture unique items from customizable blueprints and raw resources.
More articles about Earthrise