Grand Mer takes place in the year 2018 on planet Earth after massive flooding caused by global warming, climate change and heavy rains. Fishing is now the single most important activity as the human race fights starvation in an effort to survive. Players entering the world for the first time will begin by selecting one of six characters with varying degrees of skill and fishing talents. Upgradeable characters, boats and fishing gear personalize the experience as players work to enhance their skills. An open world of seas features dynamically changing shoals of fish, leading anglers on a hunt that requires expert tracking of weather, time and location. Experience a casual and fun fishing environment with friends in free-play mode, or battle against other anglers in a race for the ultimate catch and glory!
Game features include:
- • Realistic fishing action with accessible fishing controls that anyone can learn, yet challenging to master.
- • Dynamic Fish Shoal System: Location, weather, and time of day are key to locating the more than 120 different species of fish to catch.
- • Fishing Guides: Select one of multiple NPCs to share the experience with and receive help locating the best fishing holes.
- • Multiple Game Modes: Free Fishing (with up to 100 players), Battle Mode (individual, team and club matches), Tour Mode (complete missions and earn rewards), Championship Mode.
- • Real-time Rankings: Track your biggest and best catches on global leader-boards and see what other anglers are reeling in.
- • Custom Boats: Enjoy speeding on the open ocean in high performance fishing boats. Upgrade your ride’s look and improve turning, acceleration and speed.
- • Custom Gear: Acquire or purchase new rods, reels and lures that specialize in catching different types of fish.
- • Fishing Rod and iPhone App Controllers: Use the exclusive Grand Mer fishing rod controller equipped with a motion sensor and vibration feedback for an even more realistic fishing experience. Or control the game with the Grand Mer iPhone App, complete with vibration feedback.
Dates for the Closed Beta Test and launch are yet to be announced, although gamers are encouraged to view the latest wallpapers and pre-release video trailer included with this announcement and join the mailing list by registering at www.t3fun.com.
More articles about Grand Mer