Rely on the advice of your caddie to strategize and focus your game while feeling the intensity of the PGA TOUR season. Embark on the “Road to the Masters” as your career begins on the amateur tour and work your way through Q School, Nationwide Tour, and finally, the PGA TOUR. If you need a break from the grind of tournament action, play a round of mini-golf on one of five fun-filled layouts. Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters has something for every golf fan and is the must-have title this year!
“For more than a decade, the Masters Tournament has been the most requested and coveted feature for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise among our fans,” said Peter Moore, president of EA SPORTS™. “Pairing the number one golf video game franchise with the most prestigious golf tournament in the world is a perfect marriage and we’re thrilled to bring our fans this exciting opportunity to experience Augusta National Golf Club like never before.”
“Our sincere motivation is to draw an even greater audience to this wonderful sport and continue to inspire its growth by building off the success seen in previous versions of the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise,” said Billy Payne, Chairman of Augusta National Golf Club and the Masters Tournament. “The beauty of Augusta National and the rich history of the Masters have inspired the dreams of golfers for generations. Three years of collaboration with EA SPORTS has resulted in a game we feel presents a truly authentic Masters experience. ”
"I am very happy and excited that the Masters Tournament is featured in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR game," said Tiger Woods. "There are many new and unique elements in the game that will make everyone feel like they're really competing at Augusta National. This is great for the sport and will connect a new audience with the Masters, a tournament I've been fortunate to experience since 1995. Continually growing the visibility of golf is important to attracting newcomers to the sport, and I agree that showcasing the Masters Tournament in the game will bring an entirely new dimension to that approach."
- Play the Hallowed Grounds of Augusta National Golf Club – For the first time ever in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise history, players will now be able to compete at Augusta National Golf Club. Experience the historic holes that comprise Amen Corner and make a run at capturing the distinctive Green Jacket.
- Masters Moments – Relive and play through memorable, historic moments of the Masters. Take the challenge and see where you measure up against the greats who have played in this legendary tournament.
- Tiger at the Masters – In this all-new mode, relive each of Tiger’s four wins at the Masters by attempting to equal or beat his scores in each round of the Tournament.
- All-New Commentary Team – Jim Nantz teams up with David Feherty to lead the all-new broadcast presentation package and provide the play-by-play of each swing.
- Climb the World Ranking – Feel the pressure of an all-important putt while working your way through the amateur tour, Qualifying School, and the Nationwide TOUR. Perform well enough to earn a spot on the PGA TOUR! In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, the all-new career mode closely mirrors the real-life journey of an amateur golfer as they strive to make it onto the PGA TOUR.
- The Caddie Experience – Play like a true pro with a caddie alongside, assisting and supporting your every swing. The caddie will evaluate all pre-shot factors, such as wind, lie, and yardage, to provide a recommended shot. As your caddie’s knowledge of each course increases, he will level up through “Course Mastery,” making him even more valuable to your success.
- Stay in Balance – For the first time, get into a stance utilizing Wii Balance Board gameplay integration. Designed to promote golfer balance, players can earn “Balance Points” to activate a power shot.
- Mini-Golf - If you’re ready to take a break from grinding on the tough courses, jump into the family-fun mode of mini-golf. This year’s game has five courses, including a new Boardwalk style layout.
- Presidents Cup – Take on the best from around the world as you compete in this new offline team-based mode. This tournament features the U.S. team versus the top golfers outside of the Europe.
- The Best Golfers in the World – Hit the links as the top talent in golf, including PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year Rickie Fowler, past Masters champion Zach Johnson, Ryder Cup participant Bubba Watson, and many more.
- Championship Courses – Take on the best of the best on 24 of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, Pinehurst, Torrey Pines, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- WiiMotionPlus – Experience a true-to-life golf swing and have the ability to work the ball with precise draw and fade capabilities with the WiiMotionPlus integration.
More articles about Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters