Version 1.2.6 changes
- Fixed briefing audio for missions 12 and 13.
- Fixed missing agent audio in mission 17.
- Changed sound volume for character speech in some missions where it was too quiet.
Change log for version 1.2.5
- Added voice over audio for all mission briefings and character dialogue in story mode. Male voices played by Tori Kamal, female voices by Sara B. Moore
- Added French, Italian, German and Spanish language support
- Added 1 second of invulnerability after respawn in Blood Race
- Improved bot AI behavior
- Tweaked car engine volume
- Tweaked bus handbrake
- Sports car alternate skin is unlockable for completing the Beginners' Tournament in Blood Race
- Alternate taxi skin is now available from the start
- Fixed possible crash bugs during map reload
- Fixed respawn exploit in Blood Race
- Fixed potential crash after completing the story mode
- Fixed misc. sound effects not playing properly in menus
- Fixed modified content warning message in Slaughter mode
- Fixed global leaderboards screen showing Slaughter mode highscores under Blood Race
- Fixed car wrecks gathering pick-ups
- Fixed menu UI stretching in widescreen resolutions
- Fixed tournament rewards being displayed incorrectly after completing the Zombie Drivers' Tournament in Blood Race
Zombie Driver is an action driving game with a top down perspective and a dynamic helicopter chase camera. Fight your way through the streets of a zombie infested city to save the survivors of a disastrous chemical accident that changed most of the city's population into mindless brain hungry monsters. Time is an enemy and your car is a weapon as you race through the streets smashing everything on your way including fences, phone booths, street lamps and hordes of zombies. If you get tired of rescuing people take part in a Blood Race chasing other cars and taking them down without mercy on special racing tracks populated with the zombie horde. Earn loads of cash while you progress through the events, unlock new rides and purchase weapons of zombie mass destruction to become the ultimate leaderboard champion. If the car chases and speed runs are not your thing jump into the arena based survival in the Slaugher mode where your objective is to endure as long as possible while ramping up enormous kill combos and annihilating endless waves of zombies.
The expansion provides a unique gameplay style based on classic, old school, top-down, racing games with a flavor of next-gen, dense action and HD graphics. Blood Race offers the chance to chase other cars and annihilate them without mercy on special racing tracks populated with the zombie horde. Winning events earns loads of cash and the ability to obtain new rides and purchase weapons of zombie mass destruction to become the ultimate leader board champion.
Thanks to the positive response from players the game received also many other upgrades and additions to improve the experience. Now it is even more attractive for those who still haven't got a chance to play Zombie Driver. With the latest update the game is at least three times bigger in terms of content and gameplay diversity than the first version released last year.
The list of major changes introduced in the Blood Race expansion pack:
- added Blood Race game mode
- added new Muscle Car for the Blood Race mode
- added new Slaughter Train Station map
- added a second car paint for every vehicle (unlockable in Blood Race mode)
- added new vehicle damage system with destructible 3d car parts
- added Polish localization
- added Steam Cloud Support
- added 17 new Steam achievements for the Blood Race mode
- added 30 new Steam leaderboards (1 for each Blood Race event)
- new positional sound system
- new improved smart camera with longer view distance and smoother movement
- enhanced car physics to allow full 3d motion e.g. turning over
To celebrate the newest update the game is offered with a 50% discount in a time limited promotion. The lowered price will last only for a few days so be sure not to loose such an opportunity!
- 17 story missions with sub quests and bonus objectives,
- Huge, free roaming city, infested by thousands of brain hungry zombies,
- 6 different cars including an unlockable super car,
- 9 different upgrades for each car, which can transform even an innocent Taxi into a Chariot of Death
- All cars can be mounted with miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers or even dual railguns.
- All weapons have 3 upgrade levels which come with unique features.
- Dynamic combo system with tricks and hordes of zombies to try it on.
- Many vicious zombie types including even zombie dogs
- Zombie Driver is developed using the Ogre3D rendering engine and PhysX by NVIDIA.
More articles about Zombie Driver