Ubisoft has confirmed that European gamers will have to wait a little bit longer than their North American compatriots as Rocksmith is being pushed back overseas until 2012, due to ""music licensing and other external factors."
Rocksmith features gameplay that automatically adjusts to the player’s skill level, and will engage experienced musicians as well as those who are picking up a guitar for the first time. Players will be able to choose from actual lead, rhythm, and combo guitar compositions, inspiring players to perform songs after the game is turned off.
Ubisoft is using the Gamebryo engine to develop Rocksmith, the first and only game where players can use any real guitar with a standard quarter-inch input jack and play through an in-depth library of music, ranging from top 40 to classic rock.
Rocksmith includes a unique quarter-inch to USB cable that is the first of its kind, allowing users to plug any real guitar with a quarter-inch jack directly into their favorite console; this revolutionary cable turns the guitar’s signal from analog to digital, allowing it to be recognized and played through a console or PC.
Ubisoft, along with Best Buy and GameStop, are happy to offer two free downloadable songs when you pre-order Rocksmith.
The two songs available will be Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird and Radiohead's Bodysnatchers. In order to receive the songs, a valid email address must be provided when you pre-order the game. The songs will be delivered on launch day, October 18. This offer will be available while supplies last.
New artists and songs being unveiled are:
- Best Coast – When I’m With You
- Blur – Song 2
- The Black Keys – Next Girl
- The Boxer Rebellion – Step Out Of The Car
- Cream – Sunshine Of Your Love
- The Cribs – We Share The Same Skies
- The Cure – Boys Don’t Cry
- Jenny O – Well OK Honey
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama
- Nirvana – Breed
- Pixies – Where Is My Mind?
- Radiohead – High and Dry
- Red Fang – Number Thirteen
- The Rolling Stones – The Spider and the Fly
- Silversun Pickups – Panic Switch
- Soundgarden - Outshined
- Spoon – Me and The Bean
- Stone Temple Pilots – Vasoline
- Taddy Porter – Mean Bitch
- Titus Andronicus – A More Perfect Union
- White Denim – Burnished
- The White Stripes – Icky Thump
- Yellow Moon Band - Chimney
- The Animals – House of the Rising Sun
- The Black Keys – I Got Mine
- David Bowie – Rebel Rebel
- Interpol – Slow Hands
- Nirvana – In Bloom
- The Rolling Stones – (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
Consumers that pre-order Rocksmith at GameStop will receive a $25 voucher toward a guitar purchase at any Guitar Center location or at its online store.
Rocksmith will be available at all major retailers for $79.99.
More articles about Rocksmith