A blood-red sky surrounds the city of Rome in a surreal, neverending twilight. Under the shadow of St. Peter, an American ex-priest investigates a series of events that exposes a deeper, more complex web of political and religious intrigue than he ever could have imagined.
James Murphy is an ex-priest who decided to become a doctor after he cut all ties with the Catholic Church. 38 years old, handsome and with a slim build, James is as friendly as he is shy about any personal questions.
He can express himself forcefully against the religious institutions, but his faith, his sense of justice and his deepest respect for all people and life in general have never been in doubt. He's the head physician at a hospital in Chicago, where he now resides, but he can fluently speak Italian thanks to the many years he lived in Rome.
The disappearance of a briefcase containing compromising documents is enough to convince James that his friend Cristoforo is a victim of something shady and sinister. The Vatican’s involvement and some strange parallels with his own traumatic past inspire James to get to the bottom of this mystery.
Along this dangerous and disturbing path, James finds the most unlikely travelling companion who will question his deepest beliefs. And so the two characters begin both a physical journey in search of the truth, and a metaphysical exploration of the inner soul and the darkest secrets that everyone hides, even a "champion of the faith" like James.
Rome is the stage for this adventure – a city bathed in eternal twilight, its skies tinted the color of blood spilled in more than thirty years of intrigue: blood of innocents and guilty, unknown and famous victims alike.
- A thrilling new point-and-click adventure in 4 acts, inspired by real events in recent Italian history and freely adapted from David Yallop's bestseller "In God's Hand".
- Over 10 locations per episode with high resolution graphics (max resolution 1920x1080) directed by Lorenzo Ruggiero (Marvel/DC Comics)
- Realistic characters with hours of motion-capture animations
- Well integrated puzzles and several hours of gameplay
- Animated coloured comics by award winner Daniela di Matteo
- Fully dubbed in English
More articles about Shadows On The Vatican