The new update adds full editing capabilities to this latest addition in the multiple award-winning Men of War series. Players can create their own scenarios and maps, opening virtually unlimited possibilities for customization and mod support. Players can also share their creations with others freely adding infinitely more ways to play the game.
Additionally, this update lowers game difficulty on Easy and Normal levels, allowing less experienced players a way to conquer Vietnam. Both campaigns will likewise be available from the start of the game allowing new players a choice from the beginning who they want to fight. The update will also eliminate possible de-synchronization issues in multiplayer between different versions of the game to allow for easier Co-op action in the jungles.
Customers who bought or activated the game on Steam will see their hard-earned in-game achievements are now synchronized with Steam’s achievements, while owners of Men of War: Vietnam Special Edition will also benefit from fixes to the bonus missions available in their version of the game.
Men of War: Vietnam Patch #2 Fixes:
- Standard, Special Editions and Steam version:
- Synchronization of various versions in multiplayer
- The difficulty on the Easy level is significantly reduced.
- Game editor added, engagement of game modes possible. Find it in c:\Program Files\***\Men of War Vietnam\ or in the game folder in the Start menu
- Campaign for USA available from the start
- Errors in unit names fixed
- Special Edition only:
- Mission 'Survivor' issue with the mission completion fixed.
- Mission 'No Surrender' issue with impossibility to locate units in the church fixed.
- Mission 'Risky plan' error with mission completion fixed.
Two single-player campaigns cover both sides of the conflict. The US campaign focuses on a team of elite special ops soldiers, and each one of them has a personality. This unit includes Sergeant John Merrill, machinegunner Jim Walsh, sniper Sonny Armstrong, grenade launcher operator Carl Dillan and combat engineer Bill Kirby. In some missions they can count only on themselves, while in the others they act together with regular US and South-Vietnamese troops.
Missions range from special operations (rescuing a shot-down pilot, escorting a reporter, etc.) to full scale battles.
- Breathtaking missions including an ambush on the Ho Chi Minh trail, a game of cat and mouse in the Mekong Delta, raids into Cambodia, bridge defense during the Tet offensive and more
- New weapons and units: M-16, T-54, M-113, Patton III, M-60, AK-47, M-14, RPG-2, M-72 LAW, Hueys, RPK and many more
- Considerably improved graphics to include HDR and other special effects
- Thoroughly recreated authentic Vietnam environment, buildings and other realia
- Specially composed original soundtrack
More articles about Men of War: Vietnam