Starting tomorrow, the PlayStation Network community in North America will find new exclusive downloadable games in the PlayStation®Store every Tuesday in October, including highly-anticipated Pub Fund titles Eufloria and Okabu, as well as inFAMOUS™: Festival of Blood and PixelJunk® Sidescroller. As an added bonus, PlayStation®Plus subscribers will receive a 20% discount during the launch week of each "Only On PlayStation Network" game.
Celebrating the release of all this great content, PlayStation Network and Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) users are eligible to receive $10 in store credit in November if they spend $60 or more out of their PlayStation Network/SEN Wallet throughout the month of October. Spending includes purchases of new games featured in "Only On PlayStation Network," anything in the extensive library of games, add-ons, movies, TV shows and more in the PlayStation Store, paid PlayStation Plus and Music Unlimited subscriptions, video rentals or purchases from Video Unlimited as well as anything bought in PlayStation®Home.
"'Only On PlayStation Network' is our line of great exclusive games that users can count on to deliver exciting game experiences that can't be found anywhere else," said Susan Panico, senior director of PlayStation Network, SCEA. "This strong initial content offering, combined with the day one discounts for PlayStation Plus subscribers and the 'Spend $60, Get $10 Back' promotion, makes PlayStation Network the premier destination for digital content."
The "Only On PlayStation Network" lineup is:
- October 4:
- Eufloria – Developed by Omni Systems, Eufloria is an addictive ambient game of space exploration and conquest, plant growth and bio mechanical evolution. Explore a beautifully realized universe rendered in a style that is unique and compelling. Conquer asteroids in deep space and use their resources to literally grow and nurture semi-organic plants and creatures to do your bidding.
- Rochard – Developed by Recoil Games and published by Sony Online Entertainment LLC, Rochard is a unique gravity-defying, side-scrolling, puzzle-platforming, astro-mining action adventure game. Featuring a resourceful hero, ominous villains, rugged machinery, big explosions, even bigger stunts and sharp one-liners, Rochard tests players' coordination and wits as they use gravity to their advantage, changing it at will to solve environmental puzzles and advance through each level.
- October 11:
- Sideway: New York – Developed by Playbrains Inc. and published by Sony Online Entertainment LLC, Sideway: New York is a 2D adventure platformer set in a 3D world. Sideway offers players the chance to leave their mark on the city as they help rescue friends and defeat Spray, a sinister tagger who wants to dominate both Sideway and the real world in this unique side-scroller.
- October 13:
- Sodium Collection – This PlayStation Home value pack includes the SodiumOne Pilot's Jacket, which unlocks the full 50-level tank combat Salt Shooter game, and weapon upgrades for your SodiumOne tank. Also included is a variety of upgrades for Sodium 2: Project Velocity, a high-speed, free-to-play, futuristic multiplayer racing game exclusive to PlayStation Home, and the wildly-popular Blaster's Paradise personal space, which hosts a tabletop version of Salt Shooter. Buy from the PlayStation Store and play in PlayStation Home.
- October 18:
- Okabu – Developed by Hand Circus, Okabu is an action-puzzler, where players will guide Kumulo, Nimbe and four cloud-flying heroes as they battle to save their people and their world from the industrialized threat of the Doza. Dive into a hyper-tactile toybox world filled with a huge number of puzzles, playthings, adorable creatures and devious machines spread across an epic co-op campaign.
- RocketBirds – Developed by Ratloop Asia, RocketBirds offers players the chance to annihilate an evil penguin regime in this cinematic platform adventure game offering full solo and co-op campaigns with stereoscopic 3D support. Destroy enemies with a slew of weapons and illuminate the secrets to his past while uncovering the real enemies of Albatropolis.
- October 25:
- inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood – Developed by Sucker Punch, inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood explores the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe as vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul and city, he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood features hours of new gameplay, PlayStation®Move compatibility, themed environment settings and new characters/enemies.
- PixelJunk Sidescroller – Developed by Q-Games, the popular PixelJunk series goes old-school with a completely retro side-scrolling shooter that reinvents the genre from the ground up while maintaining that nostalgic feeling. Dodge flurries of alien bullets and strategically upgrade weapons while battling through sweeping stages full of hazardous fluid and endless shooting mayhem.
In addition, the "Only On PlayStation Network" program will feature a selection of rare classic games that will be added to the PlayStation Store on October 4, including critically-acclaimed titles God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.