In Golden Age, players will take their roles as aspiring warlords in a Medieval setting. Control your heroes and armies in richly animated real-time battles, including PvP and PvE modes, city sieges, and NPC bosses. Create a powerful fortress with over 20 building options, styled in the traditional architectures of the period. Storm enemy castles and plunder the land for exotic buried treasures as you wage an all-out war for control of the kingdom.
Golden Age, Aeria Games' browser-based, real-time strategy (RTS) title, will begin closed beta testing on Oct. 19th, 2011.
A slew of events to take place during closed beta:
- Level Contests – Players who achieve the highest level or rank for their sire, city, army and alliance during CB will win prizes.
- Forum Events – Anyone can represent their faction and upload screenshots in the community forums during CB for a chance to win Aeria Points.
- Facebook Raffle – Facebook users who “Like” the new Golden Age Facebook page can compete for prizes in the upcoming CB raffle.
Interested players can still sign up to participate in the closed beta testing phase here.
Key features include:
- Interactive RPG Town – Receive quests from a motley assortment of NPCs or meet and greet other players using Golden Age’s innovative avatar system in the town center.
- Battle Voting System – Participate in other players’ battles by casting your vote for the desired winner. Heroes who receive the most votes win bonus troops, dispatched during the fight!
- Real-time Map Data – Boost your strategy options with 3 map modes. Determine the movement direction of enemy troops and whether a castle is under attack, among other detailed map data.
More articles about Golden Age