Put on your shades and prepare to step into the boots of Duke Nukem, whose legend has reached epic proportions in the years since his last adventure. The alien hordes are back and only Duke can save the world, again. Pig cops, alien shrink rays and enormous alien bosses won't stop our hero from accomplishing his one and only goal: to save the world, save the babes and to be a bad-ass while doing it. The King of All Shooters is back with over-the-top weapons, massive aliens and unprecedented levels of interactivity. This game puts pedal to the metal and tongue firmly in cheek, among other places. Shoot hoops, lift weights, read adult magazines, draw crude messages on whiteboards or ogle one of the many beautiful women that populate Duke's life; that is if you can pull yourself away long enough from kicking ass and taking names. Duke Nukem was and will forever be immortalized in gaming history, and this is his legend.
The Hail to the Icons Parody Pack and its four new multiplayer maps for Duke Nukem Forever will be available beginning Tuesday, October 11.
As promised, everyone who joined the First Access Club before Duke Nukem Forever launched in their territory will get it free*! For those that aren't in First Access Club, the pack will run 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox 360 and $9.99 on PlayStation Network and Steam in the US.
In addition, updates to the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Duke Nukem Forever will roll out the same day, adding support for the new content along with various optimizations and bug fixes.
The pack contains three new game modes, and four new multiplayer maps – each with new weapons– and, this pack will be FREE to all First Access Club members who registered their FAC membership prior to the launch of Duke Nukem Forever (subject to availability).
Three All-New Modes:
- Freeze Tag provides some of the most fun team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos. See who can hold on to the babe the longest in Hot Potato and play free-for-all Duke style in Hail to the King.
- Call of Duke – Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against the Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandbox – Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children’s toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
- Inferno – Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge – Hats? Duke doesn’t need no stinking hats. Give him a minigun and he’ll beat off all comers.
- Return of the King of All Shooters: He's back, baby! The King of All Shooters returns in an explosive and action packed shooter that puts pedal to the metal and tongue firmly in cheek, among other places. Kick ass from the Vegas Strip to the Hoover Dam all while serenading your ears with your favorite Duke-isms.
- Interact With the World, the Duke Way: Experience a fully interactive and immersive look into Duke's world. Shoot hoops, lift weights, read adult magazines, draw crude messages on white boards or ogle one of the many beautiful women that populate Duke's life; that is if you can pull yourself away long enough from kicking ass and taking names.
- Kick-Ass Arsenal Brings Puts the F-U Into Fun: Obliterate enemies in style while giving them the Duke Nukem one finger salute. Prepare to shoot enemies in the face with a bad-ass assortment of shotguns, RPGs, pipe bombs and other trademark Duke Nukem tools of destruction. That's going to leave a mess!
More articles about Duke Nukem Forever