For the first time in franchise history, players will be able to take full control of their pet and play out their life story. They’ll also be able to determine their pets’ personality traits to create their perfect pet for their Sims. The Sims 3 Pets allows players to add a new member to their household to control and find new ways to play with life!
As a new standalone game, The Sims 3 Pets for X360 and PS3 adds a new level of fun and fulfillment to Sims lives. Players take direct control of their pets as they help their Sims uncover and solve mysteries of the town.
Coming to the 3DS, The Sims 3 Pets unleashes extraordinary pets into a 3D town! They begin by choosing a Sims pet breed and then customize their look and personality traits to make them unique. New to the game, players can have up to three controllable Sims which can be all pets if they choose it! Players unleash their pets and discover what extraordinary abilities they have.
The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack brings excitement and fun into your Sims’ lives with pets! New to the franchise, and exclusively on the PC/Mac, players have the opportunity to adopt horses! Players will not only determine how their pets look, but they’ll also be able to give them unique personalities traits as well!
There are over 30 cat breeds on console and over 40 cat breeds on the PC/Mac to choose from. Each one is fully customizable to express the players’ unique imagination. From fluffy Himalayans to hairless Sphynxes, these feisty, but lovable creatures are furballs of fun.
Be sure to take care of your cat’s needs or they may scratch and dig their claws into household furniture items. Relieve their destructive nature by taking them to the cat jungle or buying them a scratching tower. Interact with your cat by teasing them with a laser pointer or even using them as trustworthy ally to hunt down unwanted pests near your home. With The Sims 3 Pets, you can have a pet and be a pet.
- Fully controllable pets just like your Sims. Pets are playable, so you can direct your Sim’s pet to hunt, climb, dig and more. Who knows what kind of mischief they might get into!
- Give your pets personality traits! For the first time in The Sims franchise history, The Sims 3 Pets gives your pet traits which allow you to create truly unique animals with personalities all of their own!
- New pet choices! Sims can adopt specific breeds of cats and big and small dogs on all platforms.
- Sims can take their pets into Town! Take your dog to the park or bring your cat to the library.
- Create a Horse! Exclusive to the PC/Mac, Sims are now able to adopt horses along with cats, dogs, birds, lizards, rodents and snakes.
- Embark on new adventures: Sims can explore the town, using their pets to sniff out treasures and uncover mysteries (PS3/X360 only).
- Voice control pets using Kinect (X360 only): Players are able to use Xbox Kinect to direct their Sims and their pets using voice commands built specifically for The Sims player in mind.
- New Karma Powers Use the Pets and the pedometer in game to collect Play Coins. You can spend those coins making your Sims happy or wreaking havoc in their lives (3DS only)..
- Trade your Pets with your friends! Through Nintendo StreetPass, you can trade your Sims pet with your 3DS friends (3DS only)..
- Expanded gameplay options: New to the game, you now can have a household with up to three Sims and can even have an entire family of pets to control! You’ll also have new lots to explore including a pet park – each with its own flavor (3DS only).
More articles about The Sims 3: Pets