When Isaac’s mother starts hearing the voice of God demanding a sacrifice be made to prove her faith, Isaac escapes into the basement facing droves of deranged enemies, lost brothers and sisters, his fears, and eventually his mother.
The Binding of Isaac (currently $5 on steam) will be getting a very large (and free) content update via Steam this Halloween. The update will consist of 20+ new items, 3 new bosses, 1 new playable character, a few more achievements and a new "final chapter" for the people out there who have "finished" the game. This final chapter should be a much bigger challenge.
This 2nd update is more or less my dream update, something i wanted to be able to do for release but knew it would push the game back another month to get done, so in a way on the 31st Isaac will become exactly what i wanted to release but didn't have the time to finish.
The flash demo consists of 2 of the games early levels along with 8 possible bosses and 60+ items, enough to get your feet wet and i believe it gives a good sense of what the full game has to offer.
- Randomly generated dungeons, items enemies and bosses, you never play the same game twice.
- Over 100 unique items that not only give you powers but visually change your character.
- 50+ enemy types each with the ability to become "special" making them extra deadly but they also drop better loot.
- Over 20 bosses.
- 4 full chapters spanning 8 levels
- 3+ unlockable classes
- Multiple endings
- Tons of unlockable items, enemies, bosses and more.
More articles about The Binding of Isaac