Players take command of an antivirus program, armed with the tools necessary to erase the virus’ very existence from the system. Movement and exploration are core to the gameplay, and players are encouraged to adapt to the demands of a world where free flight is the norm. Of course, the virus is armed to fight back, and first person shooter combat features heavily as players test their level of comfort with movement within the machine environment. Each player is able to customize their antivirus program with different plugins, allowing for a variety of approaches to a given situation.
The Retrovirus single player campaign focuses on the core story of the game, with the player’s goal being the eradication of the virus and the discovery of its origins. To defeat the virus, the player must solve puzzles, engage in dogfight-style combat, and explore the depths of the virtual world.
Retrovirus also features multi-player modes, designed to engage players’ social and competitive sides. Co-operative multi-player allows players to complete the campaign of the game with a friend, teaming up to restore the system to working order. Competitive multi-player will focus on the core of the six degrees of freedom shooter, hearkening back to the action-oriented shooters of the late 90’s and early 00’s.
- Modernized six degrees of freedom controls, designed for fluidity and stability
- Expansive game world built to challenge players with puzzles, combat and exploration
- Unique weapon system challenges players to combine weapon effects for damage and defense
- Decision-oriented AI that allows enemies to work together to protect objectives-and each other
- Customizable skill and weapon load-outs for a variety of play styles in single and multiplayer modes
- Campaign cooperative mode: play the campaign with a friend!
- Fast-paced competitive multiplayer
More articles about Retrovirus