The time for deployment is almost here, Sony is combing through the patch one last time and should be going live soon. This patch does not mark the end for Resistance 3 support though, stay tuned for a R3 Community custom playlist contest in the coming weeks.
Patch 1.05 comes with two brand new maps, Creek (16P) and The Granery (4P). They will be available to you when you download the patch.
PATCH 1.05 FULL LIST:
- Update and bug fixes to the deathcam system
- Updated Network error messages
- Several performance updates to fix network lag
- Improved load times for friends list
- Refined Hero movement for improved network syncing
- Fixed issues related to the game host quitting out of a private game
- The host will no longer lose the ability to start the game after completing a match and returning to the lobby
- Players will no longer be put into a Team deathmatch game while searching for Deathmatch or Deathmatch Small
- Searching Deathmatch Small with a party of five or more will no longer cause the “Finding Game” screen to loop until the player backs out.
- Improved team balancing
- Cleaned up overlapping text fields in the UI
- The icon for “Double Bird” is now consistant across all menues
- Fixes to the HUD while playing in Immersive mode
- Party is no longer allowed to create and enter a game with no opposing team
- The party leader of parties with 3 players will can no longer result in the party leader being put into the staging screen while the rest of the party is disbanded.
- MP Gameplay
- All equipment and abilities are now purchasable at level 60
- Players will no longer spawn invisible to other players
- Suicides award enemies kills if the player is still wounded from their damage
- Abilities will no longer lose functionality if they activate the ability at the same moment that they dies
- Split screen players will no longer be on seperate teams
- Players bodies will no longer hold onto weapons after being killed
- Change to Chain Reaction final node time
- Leaper Corpse will now spawn fewer leapers
- The bubble shield will now disapear when the EMP is used against it.
- Dash now gives more consistent feedback when the player is unable to use it
- The players head will no longer vanish when killed while performing a taunt
- Assassin no longer displays the user as a friendly on the radar for DM games
- Players will no longer lose berserks and abilities after playing a number of match making games
- The player will no longer spawn with different genades than what was placed in the primary slot through grenadier
- The mutators secondary’s will deal damage regardless of the surface to which it is applied
- Marksman turrets will function properly regardless of the surface to which it is applied
- Wildfire lock-on disabled in between shots in MP
- Misc art, collision and volume fixes
- Localization fixes and updates
- Improved the Move’s aim mechanic
- Several bug and crash fixes
- Co-op player can now watch videos normally
- Fixes to progression stopping issues while playing campaign in coop
- Fixed the loading screen for 3D
- Tracker footprints now appear for both eyes
- Misc fixes to campaign
- Remnant levels have been corrected
- Improvements to the UI
America is lost. Four years after the epic conclusion of Resistance 2, dishonorably discharged Sentinel Joseph Capelli is in hiding from the invading Chimeran menace with a pocket of survivors, including his new wife and young son. But when Dr. Fyodor Malikov arrives with a desperate plan, he sets into motions the events of Resistance 3.
Set in a brutal, alternate 1950s universe, America has been successfully conquered and destroyed by the deadly Chimeran race, forcing the last remaining human survivors to seek refuge in hiding. Players must take on the role of Joseph Capelli, the last surviving Sentinel from a clandestine military program, as he comes out of hiding to journey across a land of ruin in a heroic fight for survival against the merciless Chimera. In addition to an epic single-player campaign, Resistance 3 will offer two-player online or split-screen co-op through the single-player campaign, and a new, focused progression-based multiplayer experience.
It’s August 1957, four years after the conclusion of Resistance 2 that left Lieutenant Nathan Hale dead on the battlefield against the invading Chimeran race. Joseph Capelli has been dishonorably discharged from the U.S. Army for killing Hale. With the Chimera completely occupying the planet, Capelli has given up on the seemingly hopeless fight and has retreated into hiding underground with his wife and young son in Haven, Oklahoma. But as the climate of the planet continues to collapse, scientist Dr. Fyodor Malikov finds Capelli with a plan to deliver a devastating blow against the occupying Chimeran force. In order to protect his family, Capelli must leave them behind and embark on a harrowing mission across the country to New York City. Along the way, he and Malikov will encounter the survivors and remnants left in the aftermath of the brutal Chimeran invasion.
- Journey as mankind’s last hope, Joseph Capelli, across a devastated America, making your way from Haven, Oklahoma to New York City.
- Resistance 3 returns with a fully loaded arsenal of innovative weapons, including classics like the Bullseye, Auger, Rossmore, and Marksman, and increase the firepower of each with a new weapon upgrade system. With the return of the fan-favorite weapon wheel, players now have access to the entire sandbox of weaponry, giving them strategic choices for any situation they encounter.
- Engage smarter and more agile Chimeran enemies – due to Insomniac’s new awareness and cinematic traversal technology that gives the Chimera the ability to traverse any environment to reach you: nowhere is safe. Newly evolved Chimeran species - such as the powerful, leaping Longlegs - are larger and more deadly than ever.
- Two-player online and local/split-screen co-op gameplay allows players to team up with a friend during Capelli’s journey to New York.
- A new, more focused, progression-based multiplayer experience builds on Insomniac’s multiplayer pedigree, while allowing players to take part in the global resistance by battling in locations set around the globe.
More articles about Resistance 3