DCUO offers a dramatic online setting where players can enter the DC Universe and battle alongside or against their favorite DC Comics heroes and villains including such icons as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker, as well as many other fan favorites such as Green Lantern, The Flash, Catwoman and Martian Manhunter. The action and drama will play out in such well-known locations as Gotham City and Metropolis among others.
At the end of Game Update 5: The Fate of the Fortress, players had defeated Brainiac's invasion only to be betrayed by their former Kryptonian ally General Zod. The Deadly Double Cross will begin where players left off -- trapped in the The Fortress of Solitude: Sunstone Matrix where General Zod has seized control of the Sun Crystal Matrix Chamber.
In the latest update, players will once again join forces with Superman and Lex Luthor in a heated battle to defeat double-crossing General Zod for control over the Fortress of Solitude. Heroes and villains alike must team up to face the militant General Zod and his Kryptonian supervillain companions Non and Ursa.
In addition to the new raid chapter, Game Update 6 will add great new weapons and gear for players to earn in battle, including powerful new Kryptonian Military weapons forged from the Sunstone crystals themselves.
Game Update 6: The Deadly Double Cross Features:
- Intense new Eight-Man Group Combat Raid - The Fortress of Solitude: Sunstone Matrix: Fight with Superman and Lex Luthor in their mission to take down General Zod and win back control of the Fortress of Solitude.
- New Gear & Weapons: Players can battle for new weapons and armor, including powerful new Kryptonian Military weapons and the final pieces of the Avatar style set.
Award-winning writer Marv Wolfman has joined the creative team at WildStorm Productions that is working with SOE to bring the DC Universe to life on the PS3 and the PC.
Supporting the game’s distinctive, dynamic look is a physics-based combat system that makes traditional role-based massively multiplayer online games a thing of the past. With DCUO, players will have virtual powers that feel truly epic in scope from the get-go. Fly around, grab a bus, and toss it at your foes. Shoot energy blasts from your power ring as you dash with incredible speed along the side of a skyscraper. Or turn rivals into ice cubes and then lob them from atop the Daily Planet building.
Heads or Tales features Gotham City District Attorney turned crime boss Harvey Dent/Two Face, and delivers new game play content suited for players of all levels and criminal persuasions including new missions, raids, and encounters. Players will also be able to explore the darker side of Batman when he is infected with a virus and teams up with DCUO's most formidable boss, Brainiac's Avatar of Technology.
- Based on the distinctive, acclaimed artwork and designs of comic book legend Jim Lee.
- Iconic DC Comic settings and characters, from Gotham City to Arkham Asylum, Batman to Blue Beetle.
- Players can enter a persistent DC Universe and fight alongside their favorite heroes and villains to play their own adventure in the mythology of these legendary characters and locales.
- DCUO will be an online world that stays true to the DC Comics property and allows players to feel and act like super heroes or villains.
- Physics-based fighting turns vehicles, streetlights and other players into weapons, resulting in dynamic combat scenarios that are different every time.
More articles about DC Universe Online