EVE is a massively multiplayer game, set in a world of galactic proportions. This online universe is governed by a hyper-capitalistic economy where space flight is the path to all commerce, communication, and conflict. Your mission is to establish yourself as a major competitor, trusted by your friends, feared by your enemies. To accomplish this, your principle tools -- apart from an impressive array of sophisticated equipment, customizable space ships and in-game corporations -- will be your natural business acumen, social skills, Machiavellian thinking and cunning combat strategies.
Set tens of thousands of years in the future, EVE Online is a breathtaking journey to the stars, to an immersive experience filled with adventure, riches, danger and glory. With nearly a quarter of a million subscribers worldwide inhabiting the same virtual universe, EVE features a vast player-run economy where your greatest asset is the starship, designed to accommodate your specific needs, skills and ambitions. EVE offers professions ranging from commodities trader to mercenary, industrial entrepreneur to pirate, mining engineer to battle fleet commander or any combination of these and much more. From brokering business deals to waging war, you will have access to a diverse array of sophisticated tools and interfaces to forge your own destiny in EVE.
November 29th, 2011 will witness impressive evolutions in EVE Online's graphics, interface and game mechanics with over three dozen updated and improved features based on feedback and challenges put forth by its passionate player community.
This is EVE reforged.
The global melting-pot/universe of player personalities sees a melting pot of improvements to match as CCP laser focuses on getting back to basics with its infamous internet spaceships.
Some of the major improvements players are lauding:
- Four fan-designed battlecruisers built to deliver swift and effective destruction to the opposition
- Over a dozen stunningly remade nebulae, changing the look and feel of EVE's universe completely
- Other fan-favorite graphical improvements such as engine trails, warp tunnels and shadows
- Time dilation in fleet flights -- adjusting time itself to keep fairness alive when hundreds of players face off against each other
- 3 new factional captain's quarters with unique, artistic looks
- A significant ship rebalancing effort, to bring greater diversity and balance to large and small scale conflicts
- A lot of small changes -- from fonts to UI to Doomsday devices to PvE tweaks
More articles about Eve Online: The Second Genesis