The patch brings the full retail game to version 1.1.0 and fixes a few minor bugs but also adds lives to the game.
Ouroboros. A digital whisper dancing amongst the particles of the network, a shade of a virtual image always on the periphery of your vision. Long have you heard rumors of this mystical place. Hidden references, brief texts, obscure coded mentions. Fear drives direct talk of it into the deep darkness.
But now you know it is real.
Ouroboros. The “network behind the network” aka The Deep Grid…The Wilderness. A sub-cyber matrix of covert datastreams utilized by the Darkest of Dark Powers. This ghost-grid, this Military Industrial Complex, this unholy violation upon the righteousness of the world, must be taken down. Eradicated. Turned into virtual dust.
And so you have become a Data Jammer.
Ouroboros. It shall fall. Fall to you, a Data Jammer, an elite virtual commando trained to work for the White Hats--the Good Guys--to preserve Freedom. You will infiltrate the virtual Vaults of Ourboros. Expose the machinations of those behind The Deep Grid who use it to oppress the masses. You will defeat the guardians of the sinister grid.
You will take down The System!
Data Jammers: FastForward transforms your personal computer into a cyberjack plugged straight into the world of the “network behind the network”. Become a Data Jammer as you plunge down a continuously twisting and turning three dimensional retro wireframe landscape. Experience bizarre neon-lit geometrical environments and bathe in transcendental soundscapes. Prowl the bitsteam rabbit hole, your nimble avatar encountering ever increasingly dangerous denizens, hazards, and boss guardians the deeper you go. Blast them to bits with your limited supply of bombs or avoid them.
At its heart Digital Eel’s Data Jammers: FastForward is a single-player arcade game of breakneck virtual racing. Thanks to a brief interactive optional tutorial and using a minimalist control scheme chosen for comfort by the player (keyboard, joystick, or gamepad), Data Jammers: FastForward is easily learned. Randomized hazards and the ability to choose your starting level leads to superb replayability. The frantic pace of the game, along with its “just right” level lengths, makes Data Jammers: FastFoward the perfect game for anyone seeking entertainment in perfect little doses.
Data Jammers: FastForward, the arcade game of pulse-pounding speed, mind blowing visuals, and hypnotizing audio.
- Single-player, zen-inducing frenetic arcade gameplay.
- Multiple power-ups and achievements! Bonuses for special actions and “feats”.
- A glowrific world of three dimensional mindbending race tracks.
- Awesome audio from the multi-award winning sound team of Digital Eel.
- Windowed or full screen play.
- Multiple chapters that don’t have to be played sequentially.
- Easy controls using keyboard, gamepad, or joystick.
- Hands on tutorial, completely optional.
- Ever challenging environments, critters, and hazards.
- A fast game perfect for quick gaming sessions.
- Addictive and highly replayable, but without the need for a pocketful of tokens.
- No DRM, can be fully archived, no Internet connection needed.
More articles about Data Jammers: FastForward