Trine 2 takes gamers on another adventure with the powerful knight Pontius, the swift thief Zoya and the crafty wizard Amadeus. The three heroes embark on a new adventure more fantastic than ever, where you will have to survive lethal traps and terrifying monsters, solve many physics-based puzzles and unravel an epic mystery during a challenging campaign that can be played either solo or in co-op with up to 3 players online or offline! Featuring stunningly sumptuous visuals, a masterful original soundtrack, and clever physics-based gameplay, Trine 2 is the perfect mix of old-school platforming action, original physics-based level design, and cooperative multiplayer fun!
The Steam version of Trine 2 will support cross-platform multiplayer between PC and Mac thanks to Steam Play. The currently ongoing Trine 2 Beta has been made available for the Mac, making cross-platform multiplayer available right now for gamers who have pre-purchased Trine 2.
"The cross-platform multiplayer between Windows and Mac makes it easier to find people to play with, allowing everyone to enjoy the full co-op potential of the beta and the upcoming game," said Lauri Hyvärinen, CEO of Frozenbyte.
In addition to the Mac version, the two-level PC beta now also supports NVIDIA 3D Vision. The stereoscopic mode is enabled automatically upon launch of the game. "Trine 2 looks stunning with 3D Vision. We knew it was going to be good but it really caught us by a surprise just how great it looks. Trine 2 has been built in full 3D, and while some of this may go unnoticed when the game is played normally, 3D Vision makes it pop out in a way that is just amazing," concluded Lauri Hyvärinen.
- Physics-based puzzles with fire, water, gravity and magic
- Accessible for both casual and hardcore gamers
- Online and local co-op with up to three players
- Save anywhere to play as long or short sessions as you like
- Unlimited Character Mode adds to additional replay value
- Superb graphics with next-gen visuals use impressive technical effects
- Hidden collectibles for extra adventuring
- Upgrade your characters to suit your play style and to learn amazing new skills
- Fun and challenging achievements to unlock
- Current and New Game+ to ensure that adventuring will never end
- Amazing 19-track soundtrack composed by the acclaimed Ari Pulkkinen
More articles about Trine 2