The story takes place eighteen months after the events of Gears of War 2 and the loss of the human stronghold of Jacinto. Marcus, Baird, Dom and company continue their fight to save human civilization, as they battle the Locust and face new threats from within the planet throughout the campaign mode.
The Versus Booster Map Pack features five new maps available in social matchmaking playlists – two brand new maps, Bullet Marsh and Clocktower, as well as Azura, Rustlung and Blood Drive from the “Horde Command Pack.”
The teams at Paramount Pictures and Epic Games have created a new “Impossible Mission” for “Gears of War 3” owners to tackle. All players who watch the Mission: Impossible trailer and then complete the “Gears of War 3” campaign on Insane Difficulty by Dec. 25, 2011 either in single or multiplayer mode will unlock the exclusive Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol Weapon Skin Pack. The “Impossible Mission” 5-pack includes a “Ghost Protocol” Lancer, Hammerburst, Retro Lancer, Gnasher Shotgun and Sawed-off Shotgun. All players in the US who register and attempt to complete the campaign on Insane Difficulty will have a chance to win prizes, but only those who accomplish “Impossible Mission” by the deadline will receive the exclusive weapons pack. Those in the US who have already completed the campaign on Insane will automatically receive the weapon skin pack on Dec. 31.
Starting Nov. 24, gamers who visit the Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol experience on Xbox LIVE can enter to win “Gears of War 3” and Mission: Impossible prizing. The grand prize is an ultimate home theater package including a Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol custom Xbox 360 slim with Kinect, 50” HDTV, 5.1 digital HD home theater system, and the Mission: Impossible complete DVD series. To enter, gamers can either watch the movie trailer on Xbox Live, text “Ghost Protocol” to 72579, or download the free Mission: Impossible Gamer Pic & Theme pack. Each activity will gain gamers one extra entry into the sweepstakes. Full details and restrictions will be available in Official Rules presented in the Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol experience.
- An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
- Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
- New multiplayer game modes including "Beast Mode" – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
- New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
- New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favorites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don't forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
Stay tuned for more updates, and keep your eyes peeled for more news on the Official Multiplayer Public Beta coming soon!
Gears of War 3 is available in three distinct editions – Standard ($59.99 USD), Limited ($79.99) and Epic ($149.99).
More articles about Gears Of War 3