Version 2.2.4 (November 2011)
- Several quest errors fixed, mostly in "Intercepting Foragers" and "Reaching the Rally Point".
- Lords in "Reaching the Rally Point" move normally after your conversation with Landmeister.
- Battle statistics window fixed (sometimes it showed wrong enemy army information).
- Game crash after saving on strategic map fixed.
- Possible game crash after saving on tactic map fixed.
- Rare game camera crash on tactic map fixed.
- Huge performance increase on certain PC configurations: GTX video cards + Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system (other cards may benefit from this as well)
- Pathfinding on strategic map is improved, armies will find a way around towns and other obstacles quicker.
- Tactical battle lighting presets were corrected to reduce blur and glare.
- Improved tactical map generation
- High hills are not used when generating northern valleys
- Probability of autumn maps generation increased from 15 to 25%.
Game process and minor changes
- Costs of replenishing losses are reduced for sergeants (-25%) and knights (-16%).
- Bandits aggression is reduced if the player's army is weak.
- Enemy will demand a smaller ransom if the player's army is significantly weaker. Ransom is not increased until player reaches level 6.
- "Destroying the Foragers' Camp" quest improved slightly. Enemy army now heads to Matowy only after you receive a message.
- A dialog screen in "Destroying the Foragers' Camp" can not be closed incorrectly.
- A victory screen after plundering a village can not be closed incorrectly.
- Changes in texts.
- You can't close a start screen incorrectly to avoid battle, and penalty for retreat.
- Before you start the siege, town\castle lord may engage you in the field.
- AI armies replenishing fixed. Winner restores most part of the army.
- Robbers' bands are restored.
- Garrisons of captured towns\castles\settlements are restored.
- Extortion is changed. If you consider opponent is too strong, and close battle window, you'll have to offer ransom.
- Estimate strength of enemy forces in tooltips changed.
- Upgrading costs were changed, upgrade to sergeants and knights now costs more, mounted archers cost much more.
- Icons of settlements added to economy and diplomacy map overlays.
- Army consumes food after a battle.
- Army does not consume food while stationary.
- Prussian lords now can hire more sergeants (since they don't have access to knights).
- Reserves will no longer disappear in assault battles.
- Numerous cosmetic fixes and improvements in the campaign.
- Faction relations changes are now shown in log.
- Retreat penalty added. Retreating army will suffer losses.
- Real price of hiring professional and elite units now matches description.
- Now auto-resolving a plunder engagement will give you trophies.
- Enemy army losses are now taken into account for determining earned experience and trophies after a battle.
- New diplomatic conversation option added to freeplay - "Personal insult".
- Amount of food left is now shown on the main screen (next to commander's level, money and battle experience).
- Commander skill window now appears automatically after gaining a level.
Real Warfare 2 covers various periods in the development of present day civilization from the Middle Ages to today.
This new title allows players to witness the key events in the history of the Teutonic Order in the 13th century, namely conquering the pagan Prussia. All battles form a single storyline campaign. The player will act as a Komtur of the Teutonic Order as they relive the battles of the crusaders, challenges include the low manpower of the Order and the strong resistance of the heathens.
- State-of-the-art graphics engine.
- Two different gameplay modes: strategic map and tactical battles.
- Strategic map gameplay – real-time vivid integral world with absolute freedom of actions with dialogue, RPG elements and a quest system.
- Tactical battles – field combat, conquering and defense of settlements, towns and castles.
- Troops gain experience throughout the campaign and carry it over from mission to mission.
- More than 10,000 3D warriors can participate in a single battle.
- A unique combat system dependent on up to 80 game factors.
- Moral component of the combat system evaluates the battlefield situation every second to bring the simulation of combat behavior for the “living” warriors as close to reality as possible.
- Variable modifiers consider the environment a unit is battling in and make the game tactically versatile.
- Various multiplayer modes.
More articles about Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades