DCUO offers a dramatic online setting where players can enter the DC Universe and battle alongside or against their favorite DC Comics heroes and villains including such icons as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker, as well as many other fan favorites such as Green Lantern, The Flash, Catwoman and Martian Manhunter. The action and drama will play out in such well-known locations as Gotham City and Metropolis among others.
The season of giving has gone awry in DC Universe Online’s latest game update: Season’s Greedings. Larfleeze, greedy, devious leader of the Orange Lanterns, is lashing out at Santa Claus for leaving him empty-handed this year. To retaliate, Larfleeze has hidden stolen holiday items throughout Gotham City and Metropolis until he can ship them back home to the forbidden territory of the Vega System.
Heroes and villains alike will take part in quests to find the stolen presents. Heroes will receive direction from Green Lantern Hal Jordan in the Watchtower, while villains will hear a similar request from the wielder of yellow light, Sinestro in the Hall of Doom. In order to locate the presents, players must search for, and defeat, Larfleeze’s carefully crafted orange construct enemies, created to resemble those he has defeated in the past as a warning sign to any who cross him in the future.
Game Update 7: Season’s Greedings Features:
- Larfleeze Sightings: Players can receive a Feat if they can spot Larfleeze lurking about Metropolis or Gotham City once a day for, of course, 12 days in a row.
- Watchtower PVP Map: Players can battle it out in a new 5v5 death-match arena located in the Watchtower.
- New Holiday Marketplace Items:
- Festive Winter Hat - Do you have a jolly side? Have you been wanting to show off your festive spirit? Does your head get cold in that brisk winter air? If so, then this Festive Winter Hat is for you!
- Reindeer Antlers - Oh, deer! Declare your appreciation for these beloved holiday animals by wearing your very own set of Reindeer Antlers.
- New Holiday Vendor Items:
- Holiday weapon appearances to give your weapon a sweet new look
- New Holiday Elf outfit set
- Snowman form trinket
- Holiday snowglobe grenade
Award-winning writer Marv Wolfman has joined the creative team at WildStorm Productions that is working with SOE to bring the DC Universe to life on the PS3 and the PC.
Supporting the game’s distinctive, dynamic look is a physics-based combat system that makes traditional role-based massively multiplayer online games a thing of the past. With DCUO, players will have virtual powers that feel truly epic in scope from the get-go. Fly around, grab a bus, and toss it at your foes. Shoot energy blasts from your power ring as you dash with incredible speed along the side of a skyscraper. Or turn rivals into ice cubes and then lob them from atop the Daily Planet building.
Heads or Tales features Gotham City District Attorney turned crime boss Harvey Dent/Two Face, and delivers new game play content suited for players of all levels and criminal persuasions including new missions, raids, and encounters. Players will also be able to explore the darker side of Batman when he is infected with a virus and teams up with DCUO's most formidable boss, Brainiac's Avatar of Technology.
- Based on the distinctive, acclaimed artwork and designs of comic book legend Jim Lee.
- Iconic DC Comic settings and characters, from Gotham City to Arkham Asylum, Batman to Blue Beetle.
- Players can enter a persistent DC Universe and fight alongside their favorite heroes and villains to play their own adventure in the mythology of these legendary characters and locales.
- DCUO will be an online world that stays true to the DC Comics property and allows players to feel and act like super heroes or villains.
- Physics-based fighting turns vehicles, streetlights and other players into weapons, resulting in dynamic combat scenarios that are different every time.
More articles about DC Universe Online