Street Fighter X Tekken will make history as fighters from these two bastions of the fighting genre come together for the very first time.
Utilizing the same technology that powered Street Fighter IV & Super Street Fighter IV, Tekken characters such as Kazuya Mishima and Nina Williams will make the transition into the Street Fighter universe having been re-imagined using the much-loved art style of these seminal titles; while retaining their unique characteristics and signature moves as they go head-to-head with classic brawlers from the Street Fighter franchise in what promises to be the ultimate match up.
As in Street Fighter IV, 2D gameplay will feature fully realized 3D character models battling for domination in both new and familiar highly detailed environments that are brought to life with engaging animations. In addition to modes such as Versus and Training that will feature new enhancements to make the fighting experience more in-depth and enjoyable, Street Fighter X Tekken will include Tag Team combat where players select two fighters to deliver knockout assist attacks and special combos.
A brand new feature that combines customization with strategy, the GEMs add an extra level of depth and provide a pioneering way to experience fighting games.
A total of 57 GEMs (5 Assist and 52 Boost) come standard in Street Fighter X Tekken. Players have the ability to equip three different GEMs that improve upon weaknesses or capitalize on strengths to enhance their inherent play style. The two types of GEMs, Assist and Boost, each have specific advantages and disadvantages.
Players can select any combination of the Assist GEMs, which provide helpful bonuses that are always activated but balanced by handicaps in other areas. Conversely, Boost GEMs provide a stat increase in one of five areas (attack, defense, speed, cross gauge, vitality) but require a specific condition to be met in order to be activated. As an example, a particular speed Boost GEM will be activated automatically after a player blocks 2-3 stringed attacks from their opponent. As GEMs are assigned prior to a match, the activation conditions for the Boost GEMs are hidden from opponents, promoting an element of surprise that requires players to think and act quickly.
- Dream Match Up – Dozens of playable characters including: Poison, Dhalsim, Ryu, Ken, Guile, Abel, and Chun-Li from Street Fighter as well as: Yoshimitsu, Steve, Kazuya, Nina, King, Marduk, and Bob from Tekken.
- Real-time Tag Battle – Fight as a team of two and switch between characters strategically.
- Familiar Controls – In Street Fighter X Tekken, controls will feel familiar for fans of both series.
- Juggle System – Toss your foes into Tekken-style juggles with Street Fighter X Tekken’s universal air launching system.
- Robust Online Modes – In addition to the online features from Super Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter X Tekken features totally upgraded online functionality and some new surprises.
More articles about Street Fighter X Tekken