Trine 2 takes gamers on another adventure with the powerful knight Pontius, the swift thief Zoya and the crafty wizard Amadeus. The three heroes embark on a new adventure more fantastic than ever, where you will have to survive lethal traps and terrifying monsters, solve many physics-based puzzles and unravel an epic mystery during a challenging campaign that can be played either solo or in co-op with up to 3 players online or offline! Featuring stunningly sumptuous visuals, a masterful original soundtrack, and clever physics-based gameplay, Trine 2 is the perfect mix of old-school platforming action, original physics-based level design, and cooperative multiplayer fun!
"FINALLY!" says Lauri Hyvärinen, CEO of Frozenbyte, but continues: "Alas, fans will have to wait a little longer for the console versions. Trine 2 will be available in North America for PlayStation 3 system via PlayStation Network on December 20, and worldwide for Xbox 360 system via Xbox Live Marketplace on December 21. A European release date for the PS3 system version of Trine 2 is still awaiting confirmation but we hope it won't be far behind if delayed at all. The console releases might be arriving a bit later, but they are still in time for the holidays!"
Trine 2 is available for pre-purchase now on Steam and other channels, including GamersGate and Direct2Drive. The regular edition is priced at $14.99/12.99 euros/11.99 pounds. The Collector's Edition is available for $24.99/19.99 euros/17.99 pounds. The Collector's Edition includes a digital artbook with developer commentary and the original soundtrack by the acclaimed composer Ari Pulkkinen.
All PC/Mac versions use Steamworks for easy multiplayer, Achievements, Steam Cloud and Steam Play support. A DRM free version of Trine 2 is coming in 2012.
- Physics-based puzzles with fire, water, gravity and magic
- Accessible for both casual and hardcore gamers
- Online and local co-op with up to three players
- Save anywhere to play as long or short sessions as you like
- Unlimited Character Mode adds to additional replay value
- Superb graphics with next-gen visuals use impressive technical effects
- Hidden collectibles for extra adventuring
- Upgrade your characters to suit your play style and to learn amazing new skills
- Fun and challenging achievements to unlock
- Current and New Game+ to ensure that adventuring will never end
- Amazing 19-track soundtrack composed by the acclaimed Ari Pulkkinen
More articles about Trine 2