After rising to become a global power at a meteoric rate, the massive corporations responsible for the country’s success now seek to control the government and deprive the population of the right to bear arms.
Aegis Inc., a powerful, highly trained, para-military group was formed by the corporations in order to create this utopian society. From the groups of civilian rebels arose the Corps, a skilled militia that holds to their rights as citizens and the upholders of the original Korogesian government. Players must take on the role of either an Aegis utopian or a civilian rebel as the struggle reaches a boiling point. Which side will stand victorious after the smoke clears? Only time will tell.
The update includes new maps, weapons, items and two unique events.
To celebrate Valentine’s Day, SG Interactive is adding special V-Mission Cards to the game which will give players themed bonuses for completing specific tasks during matches. In addition, enthusiastic players will be rewarded for showing off their skills in the Confirmed Kills UGC Video Contest. To participate, users simply need to create a YouTube video and post it to the Project Blackout Facebook page. The new game content and events are all available immediately, with the Valentine’s Day Mission Cards expiring on March 9 and the video contest ending Feb. 22.
“We are well known for consistently adding fresh content to all of our games,” said Chris Lee, CEO of SG Interactive. “This update to Project Blackout not only adds some cool new guns, it is also the first in an extensive series of updates and events we will be offering our players.”
The new in-game content includes:
- New Weapons: Brand-new toys to blast away with, including Dual Desert Eagles and the fearsome Combat Machete.
- New Items: Show off your character and get a boost to your abilities by equipping items like the Death Mask or Target Tracking Headgear.
- Two New Maps: Crackdown, a small map designed for fierce action, and Kick Point, which features a large tower in the middle that will provide a sizable bonus to whichever team is able to secure it first.
Project Blackout features include:
- An Extensive Arsenal: Combatants have access to a diverse array of weapons they can use to crush their opponents.
- Accessories with Real Impact: Real-world military items like bulletproof helmets offer in-game advantages and unique looks.
- Customizable Characters: Players have the ability to customize four base characters, two male and two female, available for each faction.
- Five Ways to Fight: Unique gameplay modes include Deathmatch, Explosion, Destroy, Annihilation, and Challenge.
More articles about Project Blackout