Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will transform online racing by bringing to life the adrenaline and intensity of high speed cop pursuits and changing the way that people connect and compete with their friends. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit players will experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer – solo or connected.
Criterion also ups the ante with the introduction of an all-new online network called Need for Speed Autolog where players compare racing stats and automatically get personalized gameplay recommendations from their friends– a feature that is poised to transform online racing for the connected generation.
Exotic cars on the open road, the rush of the escape, the thrill of the takedown – this is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.
For anyone that has ever fantasized about racing in a Lamborghini or Porsche, or racing around the open world of Seacrest County in up to eight player events, their prayers have been answered with three all-new content packs – Armed and Dangerous, Lamborghini Untamed and Porsche Unleashed – releasing in consecutive weeks. Starting February 22, these content packs will increase the intensity of the ever-popular police chases, superior racing and addictive social competition that Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit delivers.
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit: Armed and Dangerous
The first pack, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit: Armed and Dangerous, contains two all-new game modes that expand and extend the spectacular online experience. “Most Wanted” is an open world battle where the cops are out to bust a specific racer while the racers battle to protect them, making full use of the open world, weaponry and demanding team tactics. In “Arms Race” it’s every man for himself as racers use their full arsenal of weaponry on each other in ruthless races to the finish. In addition, this pack also contains three new trophies and achievements. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Armed and Dangerous will be available beginning February 22 for £5.49 (560 Microsoft Points) on the PlayStation Network or Xbox Live Marketplace.
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit: Lamborghini Untamed
Lamborghini Untamed adds three of the world’s most famous Lamborghini’s to the game, but with a Need for Speed Hot Pursuit twist; the legendary Lamborghini Diablo SV, Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV and Lamborghini Sesto Elemento will all be playable as both a cop and a racer. In addition to this, the Lamborghini Untamed content pack will include 10 new events and four new trophies and achievements. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Lamborghini Untamed will be available beginning March 1 for £5.49 (560 Microsoft Points) on the PlayStation Network or Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit: Porsche Unleashed
The third pack, Porsche Unleashed, continues to add to the already stellar lineup of Porsche cars in the game. Any car enthusiast will be delighted to see the Porsche 911 Turbo (1982 Edition) make its way into the game, along with the Porsche 959 and 911 Speedster. The Porsche 911 Turbo is a high performance tier one car, designed to enable players to go back and reignite their earliest rivalries and beat their friends’ times. Also included in this pack are 10 new events and four new trophies and achievements. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Porsche Unleashed will be available March 8 for £5.49 (560 Microsoft Points) on the PlayStation Network or Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
- Career – For the first time in Need for Speed history, players will experience the gripping and heart-racing action of both cops and racers. Hot Pursuit seamlessly links a tremendously deep and fully-defined single player career with a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes. In the end, whether playing online with friends, taking on friends challenges or the single player career, players will earn bounty that levels them up and unlocks new cars, weapons and equipment.
- Need For Speed Autolog – In Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, your friends drive your gameplay experience. Need for Speed Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends directly to each other’s games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences, pictures and challenges. Need for Speed Autolog instinctively delivers challenges based on what your friends have been doing, creating a hugely dynamic, socially competitive experience.
- Weapons and Equipment – Enhance the intensity of the pursuit using multiple weapons as the heat level increases during a pursuit. Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment as a racer to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent.
- Cars – In Hot Pursuit, the cars go from hot to hotter. Experience the thrill of driving the world’s most desirable high performance cars at incredible speeds. Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque.
- Seacrest County – Explore a world as diverse as the California coastline with desert, forest, seaside and mountainous regions. The open world of Seacrest County is designed to create the most intense pursuit experiences ever found in a racing game.
More articles about Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit