The new version, which includes a host offeatures designed to accelerate the development of graphically rich, high-performance game titles for NGP, will be unveiled at the 2011 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, CA (Mar 2-4) at booth 1810.
Trinigy’s modular Vision Game Engine is available on and optimized for the development of highly immersive games and serious games running on most major platforms, including Windows (DX9, DX10, DX11), Xbox360, PS3, Wii, Windows-based browsers and iOS (in development), as well as services such as XBLA, PlayStation Network, and WiiWare. Trinigy is now expanding the capabilities of its Vision Game Engine to enable game developers to more rapidly create high-performance, high-quality games for NGP.Key new features for NGP include an optimized character skinning system, full support for input features such as multi-touch, improved multi-threading, and an optimized renderer that takes full advantage of NGP’s GPU cores.
“SCE is known for producing powerful computer entertainment systems and handheld entertainment systems capable of delivering rich gaming experiences and eye-popping graphics,” said Dag Frommhold, managing director at Trinigy. “With support for NGP, the Vision Game Engine gives developers a flexible, full-featured solution for speeding the creation of graphically superior, high-performance casual and hard-core gamesfor portable entertainment systems.”
Key features designed to speed NGPdevelopment and enhance game and graphic quality include:
- Optimized character skinning system for NGP– allows for efficient rendering of detailed characters with very high polygon and bone counts.
- Full support for cross-platform and platform-specific texture formats– offers a straight forward workflow and easy porting of existing content, while providing high-loading performance and platform-specific content optimizations, where required.
- Multithreading system– takes full advantage of NGP’s CPU cores for animations, mesh deformation, particle simulation, physics, visibility determination, and more.
- Highly efficient rendering– Efficient rendering system minimizes CPU load.
- Optimized shader/shader constant handling– includes full cross-platform compatibility.
- Comprehensive support for NGP’s user interface–includes multi-touch as well as support for dual analog sticks.
- Fully featured graphics technology– includes normal/parallax maps, specular maps, dynamic lighting, post-processing effects and more.