Bulletstorm is a blood symphony that combines outrageous gunplay with unique kick, slide and leash mechanics. Players learn to 'kill with skill' as they slaughter waves of mutated enemies to rack up points and unlock weapons.
Set in a futuristic utopia, an elite peacekeeping force thwarts the rumblings of civil war. But deception within the ranks has caused two members of the most feared unit, Dead Echo, to strike out on their own. Now, washed-up mercenaries, Grayson Hunt and Ishi Sato, are stranded on the abandoned paradise planet of Stygia surrounded by hordes of mutants and flesh-eating gangs. They survive on two objectives: get off the planet alive and exact revenge on the man who sent them there.
Taking on the role of Gray, players perform over-the-top combat moves with some of the most uniquely innovative weapons ever seen in a first-person shooter. Every enemy presents a new opportunity for stylish and ever increasingly bloody ways to take them down. The game's signature 'skillshot' system guarantees unprecedented levels of frenetic gameplay rewarding players for inciting mayhem in the most creative way possible. The more insane the skillshot, the more points players collect to upgrade and unlock weapons, which in turn allows them to execute even more inventive moves and exaggerated skillshots.
Duty Calls “features”:
- Duty Vision slows down the action so you can unload a storm of bullets
- Immersive dialogue from the front lines
- Cold, calculated realism
- Killing animations motion captured from real actors
- True-life reloading system allows for mistakes in putting the cartridge in the gun
- Iconic sound effects
- Thwart an enemy threat that could topple the country and possibly the world
- Significant and historically accurate props
Bulletstorm ships with three game modes: the pulp sci-fi, single-player campaign; Anarchy multiplayer mode; and Echo mode, a unique experience that tracks and compares players’ scores while they play through locations found in the campaign. The Bulletstorm demo introduces a slice of Echo mode in which players traverse a collapsed building on the deadly paradise planet Stygia as ex-Dead Echo leader Grayson Hunt. Players will utilize the “Skillshot” system in Bulletstorm as they crush enemies in increasingly creative ways to rack up points using an arsenal of powerful weapons, from a futuristic assault rifle called the Peace Maker Carbine, to the Flail Gun, which fires two grenades linked by a chain, and the Screamer, a powerful revolver that turns enemies into human fireworks.
From highest score to total number of skillshots performed, players can compete with their friends for bragging rights in Echo mode as they decimate enemies with over-the-top combat moves using some of the most innovative weapons ever seen in a first-person shooter. With more than 45 skillshots in the demo, players are encouraged to “Kill with Skill” in Bulletstorm, finding stylish and ever imaginative ways to take down anyone that stands in their way. The Bulletstorm demo also allows players to unlock platform-specific upgrades* to use in the game’s Anarchy mode, from the Crimson Leash to Stealth Armor, when they purchase the full game.
- Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), or Windows 7
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2, or equivalent, running at 1.6 GHz or greater
- Memory (RAM) 1.5 GB
- HDD Space 9 GB available
- Video Card DirectX 9.0c compatible, 256 MB of VRAM; NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro 256 MB, or greater
- Windows Vista (SP2), or Windows
- QuadCore 2.0 GHz
- Memory (RAM) 2 GB
- HDD Space 9 GB available
- Video Card DirectX 9.0c compatible, 512MB of VRAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX260, or ATI Radeon 4870
More articles about Bulletstorm