Perfect World International is the English-based, international version of Perfect World II, one of the most successful 3D MMORPGs with more than 50 million players worldwide. The game is inspired by Chinese Mythology and based in the mythical world of Pangu.
While boasting a level of artistic elegance not seen in other games of its genre, Perfect World International offers an immersive online world that players can enter free of charge. Additionally, it features one of the most in-depth character creation interfaces in any game, numerous quests full of lore and depth, and an extensive selection of items and fashions. Unique MMORPG features like Territory Wars will delight gamers and increase replay value as they explore and battle across the ever-expanding game world.
Unlike other games that charge subscription fees, Perfect World International is "Free-To-Play." Once inside the game world, players can earn and spend money to upgrade a large variety of items to enhance their game play experience. Players can acquire and begin using items in real-time without any disruption to game play. Digital goods that players can obtain in the Cash Shop include: items that can assist with mundane tasks such teleportation devices or consumables that aid player progress, others that reset or temporarily increase stats, expansion of storage capabilities, customizable fashion and equipment, such as mounts that allow faster movement and reduce travel time, social items and gifts that assist communication, and more.
Genesis is the fourth expansion for its massively multiplayer online role-playing game, and will be released on March 2, 2011. Since launching on September 2, 2008, Perfect World International has seen three previous expansions, "Rising Tide," "Age of Spirits" and "The Lost Empire."
"Along with previous expansions, Perfect World International: Genesis highlights our commitment to bring new and unique online gaming experiences to our players," said Jonathan Belliss, Director of Marketing for Perfect World Entertainment, Inc. "The sheer amount of manpower and resources that have gone into this project are paramount, making this our most ambitious expansion to date."
In Perfect World International: Genesis, players will witness the fulfillment of the ancient Pan Gu prophecy that foretold the destruction of Perfect World. In the midst of chaos and turmoil, an ancient race that has seen the coming of this post-apocalyptic world will emerge to fight alongside the existing population through the coming disaster.
Players can look forward to a plethora of new content and robust features including:
- Earthguard Race - An ancient, subterranean race with the special ability to foresee the future, featuring two new classes - the Seeker and the Mystic
- Seeker class - Possesses incredible strength and infuses magic stones into a massive two-handed claymore to deliver a great deal of damage
- Mystic class - Casts nature-based auras, carries abilities to heal themselves as well as squad members, and can summon elemental guardians to fight by their side
- New Skills -Seeker and Mystic class will be fully equipped with over 24 new skills including striking sword combat, potent magical attacks and healing abilities
- New Cities - New areas to explore including the lush forest cities of the Earthguard Race
- New Guild Bases - Factions will be able to build their bases with special shops where players can create rare items such as gear and potions
- New Territory War Resource - Factions will have to battle it out in a 40 vs. 40 faction war to determine control of a new scarce resource needed for building guild shops
- More Territory War - Four new expansive lands to add to the already existing Territory War map
- New Manufacturing Skill - Craft new items with Runecrafting for powerful stones that produce various buffs and effects
- New Fashion - Plethora of new fashions and character customization items available for the new and existing races, some of which even grant unique dances
- Customization – One of the most in-depth character creation interfaces, rivaling that of Mass Effect. Players can create and play as anyone, including themselves.
- Unique Classes – three unique races (Human, Winged Elf, and the Untamed), each with their own look, feel, and game mechanics. Each character class has different skill trees, which cater to the user's visual tastes as well as their intrinsic needs as a gamer.
- Guild/Clan System – Guilds enable chat between members, creation of guild emblems, guild versus guild battles, and control of existing territories.
- Territory Wars – Guilds can own territories and battle for their control. Weekly battles support up to 80 vs. 80 and winners receive a monetary reward determined by the amount of territory occupied.
- Mount System – Large selection of custom mounts, including flying mounts and the unique ability to mount and carry other players. Unlike World of Warcraft, players can actually fight while on their mounts both in PvP (Player vs. Player) and PvE (Player vs. Environment).
- Costumes – Players have the ability to fully express themselves through their in-game characters by customizing clothing, and creating fully personalized avatars. These customization items can be bought from the item mall or from other players.
- Free Roaming Map – Large variety of terrains and scenery and no "zoning" or front loading when entering a new area.
- Day/Night Cycle – To increase player immersion, the game shifts from night to day and sunny to rainy season on a regular cycle, changing the view of each area with time for realism.
- Consequence – Character's abilities can change based on their decisions and their allegiance to good and evil as they align themselves with either side.
- Marriage System – A complete marriage system where both players will have an online notice, and a wife/husband title. Marriage requires an item from the Cash Shop which is worth around 30$ in Perfect World item shop currency.
- Crafting System – Players can select and raise four different crafting skills. Blacksmithing (creates weapons), Tailoring (creates armor), Jewelry (creates various jewelry and arrows), and Pharmacist (creates potions and hierograms). Players will need materials for items they need to make. Crafted items will have the player's name adorned on them for the purpose of credit.
- World Events – Aside from day-to-day game play, players can also participate in World Events that regularly take place in the game and allow players to obtain unique items. The include treasure hunts, horse races, jungle ruins quests, etc.
- Exceptional Localization – Perfect World Entertainment has gone through great lengths to fully re-localize Perfect World into English, while at the same time ensure that the Chinese mythology and lore continue to enrich the end-user's experience.
More articles about Perfect World International