Michael Phelps: Push The Limit puts you in complete control of an up-and-coming swimmer entering the exciting and grueling world of competitive swimming in the hope of taking down Michael Phelps.
“Push the Limit is a fun, innovative, and physical way to game that is complete with elements that will challenge serious gamers, swimmers and casual fans,” said Phelps. “I’m really excited to help bring a one-of-a-kind swimming video game to the market that is reflective of my competitive nature and passion for swimming. This definitely isn’t your typical video game; much like my training in the pool, Push the Limit is about improving and mastering every race element - from controlling your adrenaline on the block to perfectly timing your finish. In my world, it takes a lifetime of dedication to get one-hundredth of a second ahead, and I believe Push the Limit offers players a unique journey inside swimming that will challenge themselves as much as their in-game competitors.”
With more than 8 million Kinect for Xbox 360s sold since its launch, the demand for a controller-free experience is high and Michael Phelps – Push the Limit utilizes Kinect for Xbox 360’s unique capabilities to let players go beyond the pool in one of the most realistic and intense sports simulations ever created. The entirely new gameplay mechanic lets players accurately master the action of gold medal swim strokes and learn techniques that help Michael Phelps dominate his sport. With one-hundredth of a second often the difference between winning and losing, every stroke’s importance is amplified and the room for error is razor thin.
“It is an honor for myself and everyone here at 505 to work with Michael Phelps, a truly transcendent athlete who has brought unprecedented glory to competitive swimming,” said Ian Howe, President of 505 Games. “His guidance and feedback have proven invaluable to the development process, and in-game he will mentor players in their journey from an unknown challenger to a powerful swimmer capable of beating the best in the world.”
In Career Mode, players compete in successive tournaments and travel to some of the most breathtaking locales the sport has seen. Race in progressively more challenging competitions, trekking from heated outdoor pools set against icy mountain ranges, to a Japanese dojo, to a huge, 80,000 seat outdoor arena as Phelps guides players along the way with tips and tricks of the trade. The path to glory culminates with the Annual Games tournament where players can find themselves up against the best swimmers in the world – including Michael Phelps!
- Learn from and be inspired by the greatest – Michael Phelps guides you step by step in the journey from unknown to legend. Customise your character and notice your physical shape change the more you race!
- Control and perfect every element of the race to find the split-seconds – hyping the crowd, start reaction, dive, stroke, turn and reach finish. Compete in freestyle, backstroke, butterfly and breaststroke races over short and long distances.
- Career Mode allows you to choose your path through the racing season, swerving or meeting rivals head on, and take part in the end of season Annual Games where glory and medals are up for grabs. Improve your character stats the more you race and compare your times against players around the world on the Xbox Live Leaderboard.
- Intelligent, intuitive and addictive Kinect gameplay. You are the controller - the moves you make in your front room are replicated on screen. Strategically deploy voice activated power ups during a race to gain the advantage over competitors.
- Stand out water effects bring the pool splashing into the front room. Compete in breathtaking locations – including an icy mountain range, within the Los Angeles city skyline, inside an architectural pyramid in Perth, an ornate Japanese dojo , inside a New York Skyscraper, and an 80000 seat outdoor sports arena.
- Go head to head with up to three other players from around the world in online multiplayer, 1 v 1 split-screen multiplayer, and local team Party Relay multiplayer for up to 8 players.
505 Games also supports the Michael Phelps Foundation and its efforts to help grow the sport of swimming and encourage active lives, especially for children.
More articles about Michael Phelps: Push The Limit