DCUO offers a dramatic online setting where players can enter the DC Universe and battle alongside or against their favorite DC Comics heroes and villains including such icons as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker, as well as many other fan favorites such as Green Lantern, The Flash, Catwoman and Martian Manhunter. The action and drama will play out in such well-known locations as Gotham City and Metropolis among others.
Award-winning writer Marv Wolfman has joined the creative team at WildStorm Productions that is working with SOE to bring the DC Universe to life on the PS3 and the PC.
Supporting the game’s distinctive, dynamic look is a physics-based combat system that makes traditional role-based massively multiplayer online games a thing of the past. With DCUO, players will have virtual powers that feel truly epic in scope from the get-go. Fly around, grab a bus, and toss it at your foes. Shoot energy blasts from your power ring as you dash with incredible speed along the side of a skyscraper. Or turn rivals into ice cubes and then lob them from atop the Daily Planet building.
This game update offers something uniquely suited for players of all levels and types, from the newest players to group combat fans, as well as those looking for the ultimate combat challenge in high-level encounters set in legendary locations like the Batcave. The content update is available as a free download for all active DC Universe Online accounts, both for PC and PS3.
The first game update for DCUO includes:
Character Of The Month : CATWOMAN
- Catwoman Episode: Race across the rooftops of Gotham City as Catwoman tries to rob the Gotham Museum. In the storage vault, she unearths ancient Egyptian cat artifacts, turning security guards and innocent bystanders into lions, tigers, cheetahs and more. This episode features five boss battles, countless cats, and culminates in Catwoman themed cut scene.
- Legends PvP: Catwoman is now a playable character in Legends "Play as Iconic" PvP mode
- Multiplayer Race: Chase Catwoman across the rooftops of Gotham City with friends
- A New Suit of Armor: Collect Ancient Mayan Armor and Cat Burglar gear
Seasonal Content : "Love Is A Battlefield "
The battles between Wonder Woman and Circe have disrupted the magical balance, upsetting the Goddess of Love. Fountains have sprung up across Metropolis allowing players to enter the cherub shadow realm, where - as cherubs - they can celebrate and fight to determine the true meaning of love.
- Collect Hearts: Earn hearts through PvP, shoot love arrows at citizens, participate in multiplayer races, and dominate the platformer bounce houses to earn hearts. Players can use them to purchase chocolates, gifts, rings, etc. for other players
- PvP Battles: Fight to dunk the other team into the fountain
- Battle The Goddess of Love: Battle for the definition of love in this 4-player boss fight against the aspects of the Goddess of Love, Devotion and Scorn
- New Appearance Items: Earn a harlequin clown suit with hearts and a Cherub disguise
- Be Mine: Replay boss battles and try to get them to "be mine"
- Bane Duo: Two-player battle against the villain
- Open World PvP: New Gotham PvP zone
- Batcave 2 Raid: New 8-player raid zone added to Batcave, where players will fight alongside Batman against Brainiac and Brother Eye
- Broker: Players can visit the auction houses in the Watchtower or the Hall of Doom to swap gear with each other to get their hero or villain completely tricked out
- New collections, races and investigations
- Based on the distinctive, acclaimed artwork and designs of comic book legend Jim Lee.
- Iconic DC Comic settings and characters, from Gotham City to Arkham Asylum, Batman to Blue Beetle.
- Players can enter a persistent DC Universe and fight alongside their favorite heroes and villains to play their own adventure in the mythology of these legendary characters and locales.
- DCUO will be an online world that stays true to the DC Comics property and allows players to feel and act like super heroes or villains.
- Physics-based fighting turns vehicles, streetlights and other players into weapons, resulting in dynamic combat scenarios that are different every time.
DC Universe Online, rated T for Teen, will carry an anticipated retail price of US$59.99 for PlayStation 3 and US$49.99 for PC in North America. The game includes one 30-day game membership, with monthly subscriptions available thereafter for US$14.99. For customers playing the PC version of the game, DCUO will be included in SOE's all-in-one Station Access subscription.
More articles about DC Universe Online