Infernal Engine’s latest improvements focus on creating world class content for MMOs, large open-world games, and serious game applications.
Specific updates include:
- Efficient, threaded LOD generation for terrain geometry, with the option of a predefined triangle budget
- Powerful tools for editing heightmap, vertex color, material and vegetation layers
- Support for terrain holes, making caves and other permissive areas possible
- A multitude of brushes and operations (lower, rise, smooth, flatten, average, noise, custom bitmap brushes, layer masks, import/export)
- Optimized material layering system
- Vegetation and decoration layers providing flexible LOD management and instanced geometry for rendering
- Altitude/slope filters and layer paint masks
- Per sector properties for fine tuned geometry and material optimizations
Terminal Reality is also pleased to announce the Infernal Engine’s addition of the next generation portable entertainment system (codename: NGP) from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) to our leading line-up of cross-platform support. Infernal Engine for NGP offers game makers a robust, multi-threaded solution for creating games on SCE’s exciting new platform and takes full advantage of the amazing hardware possibilities now available.
“SCE’s given middleware partners timely access to NGP. Developers will really have a leg up on making games for the platform.” said Joe Kreiner, VP Sales and Marketing at Terminal Reality. “With unique new hardware options like front touch display and multi-touch pad, sophisticated six-axis motion controls, and top-notch social and connectivity features, we’re really excited about the possibilities for this platform.”