It’s been a little over a year since the Patapons forces, led by the masked Hero Patapon engaged in an all-out blitz offensive against the Karmen forces. Many an eye was lost, but the brave mono-ocular warriors pushed through courageously… until they reached the most evil demon warrior this side of Patapolis. So what happened after that intense, life-changing battle at the end of Patapon 2?
Victorious and jubilant from their conquests, the Patapon pushed on until they came across an gigantic vessel, locked with ancient magic and scribed up it an ominous message:
Heed this warning mortal beings
Destruction and darkness locked within
Run away and don’t look back
Lest you wish for seven evils to attack!
But, to their misfortune, the Patapon tribe’s newfound arrogance got the best of them. Together they stabbed, poked and kicked until the lock gave way in a thunderous explosion. Before the Patapon could gather the severity of their actions, they were all turned to the hardest of stones. .. all but one lone brave Patapon, Hatapon, the flag bearer.
This is where we rejoin the Patapon saga, on a dark and desolate battle field, surrounded by a sea of stone soldiers and a new evil threatening the very existence of the Patapon world. As there are no troops left, you the Mighty One, will fuse your essence with a fallen soldier and create a brand new hero, the Uberhero Patapon!
- Biggest Rhythmic-based War Experience on the PSP — Glimpse into the deep multiplayer campaigns that deliver an epic feel with the addition of the new Hero Patapon!
- Superhero Special Attacks — Customize your Super Hero Patapon to your specifications and deliver special attacks with the new Superhero character then lead your rhythmic army with a vast selection of soldier types.
- Online Co-op — online co-op and competitive gameplay with up to eight players.
- Chat System — Chat with other Super Hero Patapons with an all new Pata-Text chat system.
- Rhythm and Action Collide — Master all 8 drum rhythms and match them to your friends to lead your squad into victory over enemies and online opponents.
- Leveling Up — Collect elements to level-up your Super Hero Patapon or evolve into other Patapon forms.
- Mission Variety — Take part in Co-Op Quests or competitive Capture the Flag multiplayer game modes.
- Unique Art Style — French graphic artist Rolito, noted for his abstract art style seen in collectible toys, animation, and websites, lends his skills to create a variety of unique characters and environments, bringing the Patapon world to life.
Available as both UMD disc and PSP PSN download, this new adventure with new weapons, new levels, new characters and new online multiplayer adventures can go home with you for the pocket friendly price of $19.99 USD.
More articles about Patapon 3