Experience what it's like to be an Ops Commander as you lead a five-person squad in a special mission to discover what's behind the annihilation of NATO Special Forces in Southeast Asia. Continuing to raise the bar for tactical gaming, SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs introduces new ways for players to engage in combat. For the first time in franchise history, players will be able to utilize both the PlayStation Move and DualShock controllers to enable precise, tactical control over their A.I. teammates.
Control meets chaos when a SEAL team confronts a no-win situation. Thrown into an international catastrophe, the Ops Commander, Cullen Gray, attacks with expertise and tenacity. With only six days, the OpsCom must lead his team to capture a militant revolutionary aimed at destroying the world's most vital waterway and disrupting the global economy.
In select missions during the solo campaign, players take control of female South Korean 707th covert operations expert “45.” Acting as the team’s primary form of reconnaissance, 45 slinks into various locales under the cover of night to capture valuable intel and sabotage enemy operations. Armed with silenced weapons and a handy stealth meter that lets players know how visible they are to hostile forces, 45 is a sneaky badass that adds a lot to the already-intense SOCOM 4 experience.
SOCOM 4 also features a cooperative multiplayer mode where up to five people can play through a number of dynamic missions set up specifically for co-op play.
SOCOM 4's cooperative mode features two main game types: “Takedown” and “Espionage.” Takedown charges your team with scouring an enemy-filled location in search of opposing VIPs that you must neutralize however you can. Espionage turns the focus to intelligence gathering, where you must use teamwork to track down enemy data and sabotage their local operations..
Before each co-op mission begins, you’re able to adjust both the overall difficulty and the density of the enemy soldiers positioned on the map. But even at its easiest, SOCOM 4′s cooperative mode has been designed to be challenging – as you progress, you’ll need to use teamwork by calling out enemies and objectives to your squadmates.
In addition to the standard version of SOCOM 4 that you’ll find in stores across America, there will also be a special limited run SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Full Deployment Edition. Priced at $149.99, the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition is packed with all kinds of awesome:
- SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs video game on Blu-ray disc
- PlayStation Move Motion Controller
- PlayStation Move Navigation Controller
- PlayStation Move sharp shooter
- PlayStation Eye Camera
At the heart of this limited edition bundle is the PlayStation Move sharp shooter, giving you pinpoint precision and a streamlined and authentic design. On top of all that, you also get easily accessible buttons, responsive digital trigger, realistic pump-action, a firing mode selector, adjustable shoulder stock and convenient access to the navigation controller. Sold separately, the contents of the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition are valued at nearly $220, making its $149.99 price tag a savings of more than 30%!
Regardless of which version of SOCOM 4 you purchase, you can still pre-order it at participating retailers to receive two unique slug-powered shotguns (one each for both the Spec Ops and Insurgent teams). Of course, folks who pre-order SOCOM 4 at GameStop get the shotgun plus the exclusive Suppression map, “Abandoned,” inspired by the classic map of the same name from SOCOM 1 and II.
- Rich cinematic experience supported by a strong contemporary narrative.
- Full PlayStation Move integration makes shooting intuitive and precise. Players can utilize weapon scope control to enable ultra-precise shots.
- Fight through 14 robust single-player missions over the course of a desperate six-day battle on the ground in Southeast Asia.
- Dynamic enemy AI exhibit advanced squad tactics that adjust to the team's every move, ensuring that encounters are unique each time through the combat zone.
- New command system allows for quick contextual commands, enabling precise tactical control over the AI teammates. Players can additionally create their own custom maneuvers.
- Utilize real-time access to supporting air assets ranging from UAV surveillance drones to devastating aerial bombardments.
- New cover mode enables players to take defendable firing positions and allows cover barriers to be destroyed with heavy weapon fire and explosions.
- International Forces — The nationality of your character and teammates changes depending on your region.
- Active Armory — Scavenge enemy weapons to build your arsenal.
- Industry leading competitive multiplayer.
More articles about SOCOM 4