Civilization V takes this definitive strategy game series in new directions with the introduction of hexagon tiles allowing for deeper strategy, more realistic gameplay and stunning organic landscapes for players to explore as they expand their empire. The brand new engine orchestrates a spectacular visual experience that brings players closer to the Civ experience than ever, featuring fully animated leaders interacting with players from a screen-filling diplomatic scene and speaking in their native language for the first time. Wars between empires feel massive as armies dominate the landscape, and combat is more exciting and intense than ever before. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield. In addition to the new gameplay features debuting in Civilization V, an extensive suite of community, modding and multiplayer elements will also make an appearance.
Available starting March 3 for PC, the Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia and Multiplayer Map Pack expand the addictive “just one more turn” experience by introducing new lands and experiences, as well as a brand new Civ.
Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia (RRP: £2.99)
The Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia brings you both the Polynesian Civilization and a new Scenario, Paradise Found. Rule the world as Kamehameha, unifier of Hawai’i, with your powerful navy and imposing Moai statues!
In Paradise Found, players take on the role of one of the four great Polynesian kingdoms as they strive to become the dominant culture in Polynesia. All-new technology and social policy trees unlock powerful advantages to players, including the fearsome Maori Warrior and the enigmatic Moai. Special changes to the game rules allow players to build expansive kingdoms quickly without impeding their cultural growth, but the seas of the Pacific are huge and land is at a premium among the atolls and islands. Take the best islands for yourself, and prove your mana as a ruler as you build Polynesia to stand the test of time!
Polynesia Ruler – Kamehameha
Kamehameha was the first ruler to unite all of the Big Islands of Hawai’i under his rule in 1791, and reformed many of the island’s laws to protect its people. Because of his strong rule and wise policies, Hawai’i remained an independent kingdom long after Kamehameha’s death in 1819.
Multiplayer Map Pack (Free)
Three new multiplayer maps for Sid Meier’s Civilization V will be available as a free Multiplayer Map Pack download upon connecting to Steam. The first map, Skirmish, is a small map created especially for intense one-on-one duels of Civ. In the second map, Ring, you’ll face enemies on your flanks and have a chance to sail across the middle of the world to fight your opponents. The last map, Ancient Lake, is a hand-tailored map set around an inland sea, the heart of which hides a secret! These maps are carefully balanced for competitive online play and will give players new worlds to conquer.
- Believable World: More than just a strategy game -- the expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players to explore, battle over and claim as their own.
- Inviting Presentation: An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisers who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions, even first-time players will be confident in the choices they make.
- Huge Battles: Combat is more exciting and engaging than ever before. Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
- Live History: Write your own epic story each time you play! Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world’s most powerful empire.
- Improved Diplomacy: Negotiate with some of history’s most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items and land, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy.
- In-Game Community Hub: Compete with Civ players from all over the globe via the Internet and Play by Email, or compete locally in Hotseat and LAN matches, offering endless ways to rule the world. The game itself now serves as the hub of community activity, featuring the ability to share scenarios, compare scores, brag about achievements and visit one of the thriving Civ fansites without leaving the game. It’s now easier than ever for players to become involved in the global Civ Community.
- Modability: With unprecedented modding tools, players will have unlimited options for modifying Civilization V any way they like.
More articles about Sid Meier's Civilization V