A great mix of songs that will surely get the blood pumping, the tears shedding, the heart rate jumping, and the vocal chords rocking! To truly cap off this Australian bonanza, there are even a couple of old school classics to get the party going.
“This is just the beginning for bespoke territory-specific We Sing games; we’re also working on other local versions within the key Wii regions,” said Nik Blower, sales and marketing director at Nordic Games. “It’s important for us to ensure we continue to give our customers what they want and by tuning-in to the local music scene, we are doing exactly that.”
To ensure each game has an authentic vibe and includes sing-a-long classics, all tracks were chosen locally, covering a wide selection of hits across a number of decades.
We Sing Down Under has a real ‘pub rock’ feel, guaranteed to get all the family singing. Top tracks include Men At Work “Down Under”, Rolf Harris “Tie Me Kangaroo Down”, Gina G “(Ooh Ah) Just A Little Bit”, Natalie Imbruglia “Torn”, The Divinyls “I Touch Myself” and Olivia Newton-John “Physical”.
In addition to top quality local music, each game has been given a country-specific make-over making the whole experience more authentic.
There is also a single-player reward system, while groups can opt for competitive or co-operative achievements designed to reward the best performances. Real Karaoke mode removes the backing vocals entirely, while Star Notes appear on sections of a song; hit the note perfectly and players score bonus multiplier for that note.
- The only game series featuring four mics & four singers… together!
- 30 chart topping songs from a wide range of leading Australian artists!
- Broad range of music for a variety of tastes
- Solo, Party, Karaoke & Jukebox modes
- Party Mode includes We Sing, Versus, Group Battle, Pass The Mic, First to X, Marathon, Blind and Expert!
- Up to 4 players can sing along together in any Party Mode
- Singing lessons – learn to sing like a professional
- Karaoke mode – vocals removed for the purists
- Jukebox – cue up and play your favorite songs and videos
- Localized in-game Awards
- Playlist feature – line up your favorite songs and play them in any mode
- Hear yourself sing – replay your performance and add cool effects to your voice
- Star Notes – extra points for hitting hard notes
- Full Support for HDTV’s – 16:9 Widescreen and anti-lag
- Player statistics – get a detailed breakdown of how you sang
- Customization of interface (colors, wallpapers, menu music) – change your look to fit your mood
- Easy, Medium or Hard, with short or full length song modes
- Easy, simple and clean menu to allow quick access to songs
- Choose your singer if there is more than one artist
- Integrates with a USB 4 port hub, for 4 microphones
- Compatible with Logitech USB Microphones
More articles about We Sing Down Under