Originally created by Chris Taylor and his studio Gas Powered Games, Taylor will serve as an advisor during the development of the game. Dungeon Siege 3 will seamlessly blend intuitive action gameplay and a robust RPG system in an immersive world where every decision the player makes will result in consequences.
Torn asunder, the delicate balance of power between the kingdom of Ehb's powerful factions has fallen apart. As one of the few remaining members of the disgraced protectors of the land, the 10th Legion, it is up to you to rebuild the once great Legion and stop Ehb from falling into darkness. Joined by a group of unique companions, you will travel through the striking land of Ehb defeating all manner of villains and beasts through a combination of heroic abilities, screen shaking magic and fearsome weapons.
Dungeon Siege 3 seamlessly blends intuitive action gameplay, a robust RPG system featuring a large selection of abilities, an extensive multiplayer component and the depth of story Square Enix and Obsidian Entertainment are known for creating.
“With Dungeon Siege III we are bringing the rich world and lore of Ehb to an all new audience,” said Ned Browning, Brand Manager at Square Enix. “The depth of story and wealth of characters and classes will take players on an incredible journey whether in singleplayer or with up to three friends online.”
Available exclusively for pre-orders, a limited edition Dungeon Siege III pack will be available in PAL territories featuring four unique in-game items available to activate on day of launch, enhancing and increasing your characters’ abilities as they venture forth through the Kingdom of Ehb.
- Burning Band of Scorch: This exclusive preorder in-game ring increases the raw damage of a player’s attacks and sets all foes ablaze with any weapon.
- Talisman of the Grand Mage: This exclusive preorder in-game necklace reduces incoming damage on the player and grants the ability to lash out with a mystical attack that injures enemies in close-range combat.
- Steam: Players who prepurchase Dungeon Siege III will get three games for the price of one, as Valve will offer single-player versions of both Dungeon Siege I and Dungeon Siege II as free downloads for PC platforms.
- Amazon.com: Bite of the Arakun, grants the player the ability to poison enemies with lingering injury or soften their defenses, leaving them vulnerable for follow-up attacks.
- Best Buy: Sacred Heart of the Legion, increases a player’s health and pushes close combat assailants back each time the bearer is struck in battle.
- Walmart: Pick up the Dungeon Siege mini-comic from Dark Horse Comics and a free mini-strategy guide from Prima Games with a preorder at Walmart.
- For the first time, play Dungeon Siege on high-def consoles
- Players will be able to adventure by themselves or with friends in co-op multiplayer
- Uncover a deep story that only Square Enix and Obsidian Entertainment can deliver
- Pick from unique and highly customizable character classes with a wide range of abilities to choose from
- Recruit companions with unique personalities, abilities and views on the world around them
- Players will have weighty decisions to make that will impact their alliances, enemies and the culmination of the story
More articles about Dungeon Siege III