This patch for the PC version reduces lag significantly and also addresses issues some users reported in connecting to games, as well as a variety of other issues. Additionally, in response to requests from avid fans of the game, Atomic has added new features to the Breach Dedicated Server application.
- New features added to the Breach Dedicated Server include:
- Dedicated Server no longer requires Steam to be running
- New feature allows configurable ports in Dedicated Server
- Fixes included in the patch:
- All known crashes fixed
- Many fixes to reduce lag
- Network performance improved by more than 33%
- Bug that caused Sole Survivor games to end in draw fixed
- Bug that caused invisible canister in Retrieval games fixed
- Bug that caused Vendetta icon to appear incorrectly fixed
- Server Browser can now sort by number of players
- Server Browser can now be manipulated with mouse scroll wheel
- Fixed bugs related to Friendly Fire settings
- Better ability for laggy game to recover when bandwidth improves
- Dedicated Server stability significantly improved
A patch for other systems will be available soon.
Breach is a first-person multiplayer shooter that literally blows the floor out from under conventional military shooters. Breach introduces new kinds of destruction that haven't been seen in any other game, unveils an Active Cover System which allows players to take advantage of any cover as it is ripped apart, and adds in unique, true-to-life spy gadgets which all changes the very nature of multiplayer combat.
Breach uses Atomic's innovative Hydrogen Engine to give players inventive ways to use destruction so they can stun, manipulate, and eliminate their opponents with a new toolbox of tactics. For the first time, virtual warriors can punch holes through floors to get the drop on enemies below, breach both interior and exterior walls, crush enemy fighters by collapsing ceilings and balconies, and even shoot away individual bricks to create "shooter's holes." Breach is the first game to mix Atomic's ground-breaking Active Cover System, which lets players attach instantly to cover, quickly pop in and out of cover, and peak and blind-fire from behind cover, with an environment in which virtually anything that can be used for cover can also be destroyed. As walls get eaten away from bullets and explosions, characters will be able to use the new openings to return fire without leaving the protection of remaining cover.
Players will take on the roles of some of the most elite field operatives in the US. CIA Special Activities Division officers are the teams sent in on real-life black operations when no one can ever know the US was involved. Atomic is using expertise it developed creating training systems for the world's leading military and intelligence organizations to bring the secret world of black operations to life with accurate weapons, gear, and real-life spy gadgets which virtual operators can use with real world tactics to defeat the enemy.
More articles about Breach