Fireburst will send players on a scorching adrenaline frenzy as they get behind the wheels and race on paved racecourses and wicked off-road tracks. Based on the Unreal Engine 3, racers keep opponents at bay in blazing fashion thanks to a novel Fireboost system that offers explosive graphics and a thrilling gameplay experience.
Features include more than 15 different racing and destruction maps, consisting of airfields, docks, oilrigs, sewers, refineries, warehouses and waterfalls. Players can choose from 16 cars in four different categories – Buggys, Muscle Cars, Trucks, Offroader/4x4 – while every car of its class has one of four Fireboost capabilities: Fireball, Firewheels, Firewall and Fireblast.
Fireburst will also offer multiple car customizations where players can choose from several different bodywork art and unlock skins and characters as they win races. With more than 250 car skins and 16 eccentric characters, car-character combinations are limitless. The racing madness continues with 4-player split screen capability, single player and multi-player modes, and multiplayer match-ups where racers can taunt their opponents for an immersive and intense gameplay experience.
“Fireburst is a game unlike anything we’ve delivered before,” said Mark Seremet, Zoo CEO. “We hope to challenge the most avid racing gamers by offering enhanced customizations, multiplayer functionality and a dynamic array of cars and characters. Its unique concept, intense gameplay and stunning graphics are sure to excite even the most veteran gamers. ”
- Innovative boost system: With the novel 4-stage fire boost, opponents' vehicles are eliminated in spectacular ways
- Fireburst is developed based on Unreal Engine 3
- Wacky characters
- All kinds of vehicles: From sleek buggies and pimped-up vintage models to massive pick-ups, this fleet leaves nothing to be desired
- Unique combinations of drivers and vehicles: Match a character with the appropriate vehicle to optimize driving attributes
- Game modes offering plenty of variation: Challenge and championship modes, as well as multiplayer options (with up to 16 players online, or up to 4 players offline with a split screen), make for spectacular entertainment
- Surprising twists: 20 huge tracks are divided into ten areas. Each track offers shortcuts and alternative routes
- Plenty of bonuses: Unlock new vehicles, tracks, and game modes
- Sneering and jeering: Each character uses more than 50 different taunts to mock the competition. But beware: The more you provoke the AI drivers, the more aggressively they will race you!
Fireburst is not yet rated and will be available at a MSRP of $15 for PSN and 1200 Microsoft Points for XBLA.
More articles about Fireburst