Brink is an immersive shooter that blends single-player, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay into one seamless experience, allowing you to develop your character across all modes of play. You decide the role you want to assume in the world of Brink as you fight to save yourself and mankind's last refuge for humanity. Brink offers a compelling mix of dynamic battlefields, extensive customization options, and an innovative control system that will keep you coming back for more.
A man-made floating city called the Ark, made up of hundreds of separate floating islands, is on the brink of all-out civil war. Originally built as an experimental self-sufficient and 100% “green” habitat, the reported rapid rise of the Earth's oceans has forced the Ark to become a refuge for humanity. Crammed with the original Ark founders, their descendants, as well as tens of thousands of refugees, the Ark exists in total isolation from the rest of the world. With 25 years of social unrest, the inhabitants of the Ark have reached their breaking point. It's up to you to decide the future of the Ark and the human race.
European pre-order incentives:
- Psycho-Pack: Amazon
- SpecOps-Pack: GameStop
- Fallout-Pack: Specialist Dealer of Trust in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- The DOOM Pack is available to pre-order now from Bart Smit, Free Record Shop & Gamemania.
- The Fallout Pack is available to pre-order now from Smartoys, Media Markt, Horelec, and Micromedia.
- The Psycho Pack is available to pre-order now from Bol.com, Fnac, PlayerOne & Hermans.
- The Spec Ops Pack is available to pre-order now from Dixons, Dynabyte, Dreamland, Gameworld & FutureZone.
- Le pack DOOM est maintenant disponible en précommandant le jeu chez Micromania.
- Le pack Fallout est maintenant disponible en précommandant le jeu à la Fnac.
- Le pack Psycho est maintenant disponible en précommandant le jeu chez GAME.
- Le pack Spec Ops est maintenant disponible en précommandant le jeu chez Amazon.
- Pack DOOM disponible al hacer la reserva en GAME.
- Pack Fallout disponible al hacer la reserva enGamestop.
- Pack Psycho disponible al hacer la reserva en Fnac
- Pack Spec Ops disponible al hacer la reserva en otras tiendas especializadas
- A DOOM & Spec Ops Pack is available to pre-order from GAME and Gamestation stores
- The Fallout Pack is available to pre-order now from PLAY.com
- The Psycho Pack is available to pre-order now from Amazon
- Nordic territories:
- The Nordic version of Brink will be available with pre-order bonuses throughout the Nordic territories. The DOOM and Spec Ops bonuses will be offered exclusively for a limited quantity and only at launch.
- Blurring the Lines Between Offline and Online - Advance your character's development across every gameplay mode: single player, co-op, and multiplayer. Gain experience points that you can spend on customizing and upgrading your skills and abilities, designing an entirely unique look and feel for your character.
- Groundbreaking Kinesthetics - Brink uses the familiar shooter controls that you're used to, without frustrating, artificial constraints and takes advantage of a new feature: the SMART button. When you press the SMART button, the game dynamically evaluates where you're trying to get to, and makes it happen. No need to perfectly time a jump or vault, the game knows what you want to do.
- Context-Sensitive Goals and Rewards - Objectives, communications, mission generation, and inventory selection are all dynamically generated based on your role, your status, your location, your squad-mates, and the status of the battle in all gameplay modes. You'll always know exactly where to go, what to do when you get there, and what your reward will be for success.
- Virtual Texturing – Brink's proprietary technology, Virtual Texturing, breaks new ground on current-gen consoles and PCs with an even greater focus on highly detailed characters, realistic environments, lighting, effects, and atmospherics,. This competitive lead on the squad-combat genre helps thrust players into the gritty reality of the Ark's epic secluded arcology.
More articles about Brink