Players will be able to choose from a varied cast of over 50 champions from opposing factions, to be released periodically over the course of the game’s opening months. The game is meticulously designed to reward teamwork and tactics, and encourage fluid and fast-paced competitive gameplay.
Realm of the Titans is a bold, new take on the popular action strategy genre. In ROTT, two teams of up to five heroes face off on a dangerous and dynamic battlefield in an attempt to take total control of the map. As each team advances across the field of combat, they seize control points that spawn waves of NPC minions to assist them in the conflict. Players who perform well in battle are awarded points that can be used during the match to upgrade their hero’s powers and abilities. The game is meticulously designed to reward teamwork and tactics, and encourage fluid and fast-paced competitive gameplay.
The Alpha Test aims to collect feedback from a handpicked group of seasoned MOBA players and will take place over two short phases during the month of April.
Prospective players can find the Alpha Test application and other important details on ROTT's Official Forums. Applications must be received no later than March 28th. Selected players will be notified via email and will receive a very exclusive sneak peek into one of the most highly anticipated new games of the growing MOBA genre.
Realm of the Titans’ Alpha Test will include:
- Full Hero Roster – All playable heroes will be available for preview. Some heroes will be locked, but can be purchased with the small amount of game currency provided to Alpha Testers.
- MOBA / DotA Gamers – The bulk of participants will be selected based on their familiarity with the MOBA genre and will be encouraged to fill out an in-depth survey at the Alpha Test’s conclusion.
- Key Feature Testing – Alpha Testers will preview rich, smooth graphics, cutting-edge AI, and an enhanced matchmaking system. Valuable feedback may be incorporated into the game prior ROTT’s commercial release!
The Alpha Test precedes Realm of the Titans’ Closed Beta period which is still slated for later this Spring. Closed Beta registration is currently accepted at the game’s official website.
- Dynamic Battlefields – captured control points spawn your minions, neutral monsters can be conquered to strengthen your team, and much more.
- Revamped Item Purchasing System – increased inventory space, item purchase queuing, multiple shop locations, “recommended items” feature, and streamlined shop navigation.
- Robust Statistics & Record Tracking – Battle data and match history is saved on the server. Players can review their past performances and share favorite replays with friends.
- Return of Key DotA Features – the return of “deny” (deny your rivals experience and gold by targeting your own minions), neutral item shops, and the option to toggle between classic and new camera modes.
- Advanced Matchmaking System – In ROTT, you can automatically be matched up with other suitable partners and competitors.
- In-Depth Ranking Features – Level up in the game while making your way up the leaderboards by defeating higher-ranked players.
Realm of the Titans is poised to drive the strategy subgenre in a bold, new direction.
More articles about Realm of the Titans